Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how can i chang my ip ??

how can i chang my ip ??

i need to chang my ip... how can i ?

Depends on what operating system you are running. It also depends on what kind of network you are connected to. If your network requires DHCP or Bootp (a.k.a. bootstrapping) then you will not be able to change your IP.

Also, some cable/DSL and dialup services provide dynamic addressing instead of static addressing.

Post back with more info and maybe you'll get the help you need.

-Wynlyr-

Regal Making Handler
    If your ip is dynamic ie, asigned by your isp every time you connect to the internet. Just sign off then back on again, your ip will have changed.

If your isp has given you a static ip. Get intouch with them and ask for another.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

If you have cable you can also powercycle your modem.. this almost always changes your IP.

Banned
    or go to command promot an type in

ipconfig /renew

"If your network requires DHCP or Bootp (a.k.a. bootstrapping) then you will not be able to change your IP."

so very wrong

If you change your nic or mac address (buy a new ethernet card or google "spoof mac" ) you will possibly get a new ip addy (always works for me). None of the methods posted by others above work for my cable service. But your milage may vary.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Or....use a proxy...easiest way,switch isp's lol.why do you 'need' to change it anyway?

Im trying to think of reasons why one NEEDS to change a publically issed IP address...
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    So who did you piss off/what did you do that was illegal?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Im trying to think of reasons why one NEEDS to change a publically issed IP address...
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    So who did you piss off/what did you do that was illegal?
    WTF?

~~~~~~

I have a quick question...I have cable internet ,(ip hasnt changed in a year)and i have a 4 port router(network everywhere/linksys off brand) anyways i wondered if i unpluged my cable modem and my router for say 8-10 hrs...overnight ,wouldnt i get a new ip assigned to me?

Maybe this is what The Grunt was refering to?

If you have cable you can also powercycle your modem

Thanks in advance.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi
    Originally posted here by MemorY
    or go to command promot an type in

ipconfig /renew
    Generally you end up with the same IP.......Ipconfig renew/release will work occasionally, but you generally end up with the same IP

I have a quick question...I have cable internet ,(ip hasnt changed in a year)and i have a 4 port router(network everywhere/linksys off brand) anyways i wondered if i unpluged my cable modem and my router for say 8-10 hrs...overnight ,wouldnt i get a new ip assigned to me?
    killing power to your cable modem for several hours and allowing the DHCP lease time to expire,Wll definately Give you a better chance of getting a different IP......