Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyboard problem

keyboard problem

Hello guys, I am facing a very odd problem, after sometime my keyboard is halted, no key is being pressed. what can be the reason. I have to restart my computer

Does the mouse work when this happens? have you tried a different keyboard? Can we get some details on the system? (hardware config, os etc.) We need details, details, details to help you out with your problem!

Edit: hehehhehehe sneaky little quickness... beat you by 4 minutes

poppy_123,

When you say that your keyboard is halted, do you mean that when you press on a key nothing happens?

Due the lights on your keyboard, Num Lock, Caps Lock, etc., work?

And does your mouse work normally?

I guess what I'm asking is: Does anything else function normally, when your keyboard stops working.

What were you doing when it quit?

Also, please let us know what operating system you are using and information about your computer, such as: your processor, memory, etc.

The more information you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help you.

cheers

edit: you were faster Grunt...
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi poppy~

Does this happen when you boot (startup) or whilst you are online?

Is this the same computer we talked about before?

When your keyboard locks how do you get it working again (a cold boot)? I will not reask all the ? but the ? asked from others will definately lead to an positive answer.

I don't know if this is your problem but I had a similar problem however I found out that a few pins on the keyboard plug were missing replaced the keyboard and everything was good.

- Adiz
    Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

OOOUUUUCH! <throaty sound> That ain\'t cool baby.</throaty sound> (right before this I had made fun of the \'girl\' and she took it out on my balls... Luckily later on they were \"taken care of.\"

thanks guys, this happend suddenly, but now It is ok, I think this was happening due to some unknown intruders in my system, I scan my system through "hijackthis.exe" software and remove all malware entries in registry, now its working fine.
    thanks to all.

Sounds like someone was playing games with you vis a trojan?!!

it may be, but it's ok now.

poppy_123

Glad to hear everything worked out. And hijackthis is great program as well. If you don't already have a spybot removal program such as Spybot S & D and Adaware, I would recommend to get one also. This will help you keep malware out.

http://security.kolla.de/

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Good Luck
    Connection refused, try again later.

thanks Relyt,