Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REMINDER: Critical Updates Available

AO Ancient: Team Leader

REMINDER: Critical Updates Available

Gentlemen, (and Ladies, of course).

There are 11 updates available from Microsoft. Mostly security fixes for the various versions of DirectX but there's a couple of others thrown in for good measure.

Windows Update
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Geez, if they'd do it right the first time, there wouldn't be a need for updates!!!

Just kidding. Bugs are inevitable

Thanks for the heads up TS

/me heads over to MS site.

mjk

o this is great -- a "critical" update for the buy music online link... and it shows up whether or not i have the "recommended" update installed...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

pm me when the fix for the update is available!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

You mean the fix for the patch for the update, to fix the update for the vulnerability, that was created by the fix for the patch, that was needed for the original update?

bugger now I am confused
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    You mean the fix for the patch for the update, to fix the update for the vulnerability, that was created by the fix for the patch, that was needed for the original update?

bugger now I am confused
    Hahah

Now that is funny.

Microsoft makes the word CRITICAL not so bad now, hell if I hear "the victim is in Critical condition" on the news I half expect Bill to come and administer CPR, or do brain surgery.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

its the ones whose risk factor is rated 'moderate' that scare me. i.e. allows an attacker to run arbitrary code on the victims machine. risk: moderate. somehow that just doesn't seem so moderate, to allow someone to run anything on my machine.

thanks TS
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Regal Making Handler
    XP the most secure operating system from microsoft yet

Just to put that in perspective have a look at the attached
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

it will be nice once sp2 comes out -- i have been beta testing it, and it seems like security is their main focus for this service pack -- furthermore, it also makes it so the hotfixes can be hidden in the add/remove programs menu
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Hey all, i just checked MS patches today, and now there is a Direct X security critical update... never thought i would see this one...