Thread: Trojan

Trojan

Hello there,

My friend beleives that he has a trojan on his computer, he has tried to delete it with AVG but it comes up "Access Restricted" or someting or other. Anyways just wondering if any of you guys have any ideas of getting rid of it? Oh btw it goes by the name of downloader.sizzler.ap and it is hiding in his restore files.

Suprise,suprise!

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

downloader.sizzler Never heard of it............... This might be because the Trojan Executable might be running and AVG might not be able to shut it down.......try Restarting your Computer in the Safe Mode then Scan your Computer..

AVG as i know is prety bad when it comes to Trojans......Why don't youtry Moosoft the Cleaner......

--Good Luck--

[Edit]

Whats the Surprise

Cheers for the info dude.

I'll let you know how i get on, just going round to my mates now.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au

TDS3..............that is the best trojan killer I know of.

Yes, if you don't run your AV in safe mode, you will not get stuff that switches off your AV & firewall etc.

He seems to be running WinME or WinXP...............look at AV sites for instructions as to how to turn this restore system off and back on.

Tell him to go to Trend Micro and run "Housecall", then Panda Software and run their online scanner

That might help

hi
    sorry i think i am late here but i have some things maybe helpful
    first u can scan it as SwordFish says by restarting the OS to safe mode and scan it ...
    secound u can do it by the cleaner and trojan hunter... they are good softwares ....
    3rd (not recomended) u can desable the system restore and scan your system....

Best regards
    Remembered that if you are intending that hurts, steals, hates other people it is natural that they will meet you by the proverb.......
    wimmaster
    baghdad

3rd (not recomended) u can desable the system restore and scan your system....
    If you really really want to remove ALL traces and any chance of the Malware returning.. disable system restore..
    next time I am cleaning a system I will try "the Cleaner" with System Restore still enabled.. and see how it goes.. first in Normal mode then in safe mode.. I have never tried it.. I have avoided virus removal with Sys restore on due to the chance of damage to the restore file, and the resullting damage to the system IF the customer attempts to do a restore to that point..

You could even do a swithch off and back on of the System restore.. this will clear the contents of the folder, and if the virus is clear else where will probably be a safe a removal you can get.. any scan at this point should now be clear..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I will try "the Cleaner" with System Restore still enabled.. and see how it goes.. first in Normal mode then in safe mode.. I have never tried it..
    I have run the Cleaner with system restore enabled, but didn't have a trojan to remove, so I have no idea of how it effects the system restore files. But AVG and EZArmor both will leave a virus in the system restore files.
    As the Und3ertak3r stated above though, just shuting off the system restore function and then turning it back on will empty the saved files.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown