Thread: older machines please?

older machines please?

hi, i'd like to know how i can get intel PIIIs or PIVs machines(desktops) eg. from moving companies or those throwing them away or such. ca't buy one now but i can raise money for their transportation to my country in East-africa

Banned
    You can e-mail some companies and ask them if they have older machine that they are getting rid of, and tell them you'll pay fo shipping and handling.

E-mail microsoft. they sure have some machines laying around and i think phishphreek has an old Mac he wants to give away, you cam PM him about it.

Also schools will suprise you. If you think about it to keep current, most schools are constantly updating their computers, and due to most of them being attached to the government, can't realistically sell them.

You could try Ebay or QXL?

There is a place i know that buys a lot of old army computers, refurbish's them and then sells them on for next to nothing.

I will find out the web site for you when i go in to work tommorow!

hi owor,
    why dont you try your local market or search in newspaper for old computers. Search your local webs for old computers from universities this might be a great help to you.
    also try the ways listed above by Memory.

as thadbme said most of them being attached to the government, can't realistically sell them
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

I will find out the web site for you when i go in to work tommorow!
    Sorry dood, i couldnt find it.

Guess you'll have to get down to the second hand stores!

GL

I just generally go to my local Computer Shop and ask 'em if they have any parts they want taken of there hands?
    They will usually give you all there stuff that they'd have to pay to get rid of.
    Although some of the stuff might be useless or very out-dated, you are guaranteed to come across some good things.

just a thought..

f2b:.

thanks guys but i mainly need PCs from your regions in my country there is even an ad in the papers showing an IBM(PIII-700mhz 64mb,6gb ) costing about $1000 and am not joking here. the PCs in my country are still very expensive even the old ones,PIs and such. so it may be odd that am asking guys 2000+ miles away for old PCs. but i'll try my luck as you guys suggest but am not going to do it in my country-u have to be here to believe me and understand wat am saying.