neighbor's network
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: neighbor's network

neighbor's network / google toolbar problem (dual problem thread)

Greetings,

Recently my neighbor instaled a wireless network and it is now interfering with the one that i have setup (my pda connects to his network instead of mine) does anyone have suggestions on how i can remedy this? (yes i have put my settings into my pda and put it as default)

i do have wep enabled on mine (and he doesn't on his). furthermore, i have ssid broadcast disabled on mine and he has it enabled.

any suggestions will be appreciated

Banned
    OK WHAT THE &$*@ happened, i could swear to god this was a thread about googles toolbar before i hit the reply button, did you edit it DjSribble ? Why ? Im just gonna leave my google answer anyways.....

Get a second pop-up stopper ? I dont know, i had google toolbar installed almost 2 motnhs now, never let any pop-up through, but maybe that pop-up uses some code that google can't recognize. And if you're thinking about an update:

How can I learn when a new version is available?

The Google Toolbar automatically updates itself when a new version is available. This may not happen immediately, but it will eventually. If you learn that there's a new version out and you've just got to have it, you can reinstall the toolbar to make sure you're driving the latest model. (You may need to uninstall first, though this shouldn't normally be necessary.)
    Even though i disagree with this, because there shouldn't be an automatic update without the owners permission.

Google devs, if you're reading this, please have some respect for your users. Create an option in the settings that will turn off the updater. What you are doing is unethical, and I am very disappointed that a company I considered to be one of the good guys would do something like this.
    Agree 100 %.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/googleupdater/

The best thing would be to pursaude him to disable SSID broadcasting and/or throw up some encryption.

I'm a little confused though, why is this titled "google toolbar"?

Go to your neighbors house and offer to help him configure it properly so it won't interfere with yours.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    The best thing would be to pursaude him to disable SSID broadcasting and/or throw up some encryption.

I'm a little confused though, why is this titled "google toolbar"?
    its not... its titled neighbor's network...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

sorry about the confusion -- originally i posted a topic about the google toolbar and it was being stupid (here is the original post)

Recently i have noticed that the google toolbar that is supposed to BLOCK popups is starting to let them through. I am kind of a noob when it comes to this type of annoyance (most of my experience is in security and viruses) so i was wondering if anyone out there has some suggestions??

i then realized that i mixed up my posts (i copy and paste from word so that i don't look stupid (which has backfired on me)

Woah! What's going on with this thread? After I posted, the title changed to "neighbor's network" and then MemorY's post appeared discussing the Google toolbar. Oooooh I'm so confused now!

Banned
    its not... its titled neighbor's network...
    it is now, when i opened it it wa titled Google Toolbar too, thats why i have a response about googles toolbar up there.

Banned
    This thread was titled "google toolbar"... MemorY's reply is to the original post about a problem with the toolbar... I moved it to the spyware/adware forum, then the OP changed the thread title and the original post... heh.

Guess I'll have to move it again...

All better now! You guys are responding faster than I can post.