Thread: on-board sound

on-board sound

Hi all, i am fixing a cpu for a friend who had took it all apart, I don't know too much about cpus but I get by if you know what i meen. Anyways I have it up and running but now it has an external sound piece that I can't figure out where it goes, it plugs up in their somewhere. any help would be great thanks.

but now it has an external sound piece that I can't figure out where it goes, it plugs up in their somewhere
    What does this external sound piece look like? And what Kinda of motherboard are you using?

- Adiz
    Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

OOOUUUUCH! <throaty sound> That ain\'t cool baby.</throaty sound> (right before this I had made fun of the \'girl\' and she took it out on my balls... Luckily later on they were \"taken care of.\"

Well, you connect the DVD/CD to the sound card, otherwise to the MoBo, if it has onboard sound. The only "external device" should be speakers?

I think that we need a bit more information?

Re: on-board sound

Anyways I have it up and running but now it has an external sound piece that I can't figure out where it goes, it plugs up in their somewhere. any help would be great thanks.
    Could you define "external sound peice"?

When you say "plug up in there somewhere", i take it you are talking about the inside of your computer?

It may be a bit easier all round if you re-write your post, try to read it from our position!

It's very hard to make any accurate guess as to what your problem is!

Thanks!

Sounds to me like its one of the plugs for the surround sound that connect to the back of your computer sticking out like a card. I've got one for a sub and such like that.

Now in order to find out where to hook it in, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree, we need to know what kind of motherboard you have, and what exactly the extra piece is your looking at.

On my motherboard it was near the PCI slots towards the back of the computer.

Get the model of the motherboard, it will be printed on it somewhere, and the number, and my guess is we can find the diagram for it online.