Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Longhorn - A review into the future of computing

Thanks for your kind words moxnix!

With HTregs resorting to insults in both the posts and in AIM, rather than discussing without trying low tactics such as namecalling, I'm done with this thread.

I don't care what goes on beyond here, and will not reply. Because once someone has decided to take things on a personal level just to attempt an advantage in a conversation, the discussion is worthless and reminds me of the entire "nu uh, you're stupid!" way we all used to fight in middle school.

Just so there is no confusion or side rally cheering: Does this mean I suddenly agree with Htregs? No. Does this mean I'm tossing in the towel? Yes. Am I tossing it in because I feel Htregs is right about the cli being more powerful than the OS itself? No. I still feel that in the proper admin hands, they are both just as powerful as one another.

Goodnight.

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    Thanks for your kind words moxnix!

With HTregs resorting to insults in both the posts and in AIM, rather than discussing without trying low tactics such as namecalling, I'm done with this thread.

I don't care what goes on beyond here, and will not reply. Because once someone has decided to take things on a personal level just to attempt an advantage in a conversation, the discussion is worthless and reminds me of the entire "nu uh, you're stupid!" way we all used to fight in middle school.

Just so there is no confusion or side rally cheering: Does this mean I suddenly agree with Htregs? No. Does this mean I'm tossing in the towel? Yes. Am I tossing it in because I feel Htregs is right about the cli being more powerful than the OS itself? No. I still feel that in the proper admin hands, they are both just as powerful as one another.

Goodnight.
    Hey Hey,

This is the second time he's been done with this thread. Any bets on whether or not he'll come back again? As far as the insults... I pointed out a grammar error (however I didn't mention the several typos on the same lines... (typos because I'm being nice)) and told him he was arrogant and cocky. Just to clear that up for everyone... He also choose to insult me for being a college student (apparently going to college and bettering yourself is a waste of time -- remember that all you college folk.) and for not owning a business (even though I do... he just thought he had a one up because he had a business at age 21... his own attempts to insult were nothing more than a backfire )

As far as Pooh's years of experience, just to clarify this for everyone... He's 21. So if anyone thought the years of "hard work and trial and error lessons" were sincere, it's less than most people on this site have been around PCs. Just thought I'd add that because I assumed he was much older from the way he talked. He shows his age however in his ability to run whenever someone posts a valid point, rather than rebutt he curls up or runs away.

Beyond that, we had another very enjoyable AIM conversation in which he informed me that no machine or person has every proved him wrong and in which he admitted that he's a social introvert who's life revolves around PCs... We've got a winner here. While I may seem mean to most of you, I am who I am... I've spoken with several people this morning who are sick of Pooh's holier-than-thou attitude. I may not be much better, I'm definately not younger and wiser, but I keep my arguments to the political game where it's more opinion anyways and I can afford to have idealistic views.

Anyways... do what you want with this thread... it's nothing more than a waste of time.

Peace,
    HT

Ok if this is gonna end up as a full on AO Brawl then at least let me be the Referree, i have always wanted to say.
    LET'S GET READY TO RUMBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEE

Othen then that i'd have to say that things have obviously been said off the boards, so i'd just like to say why do they have to be brung onto the boards..
    Now don't get me wrong i'm not pointing the finger nor am i trying to instagate this into something worse then it could be.
    I'm the sort of person that will sit on the side line and not take sides, as i've had conversation's with you both and i think your both as cool as each other. So could i just suggest that maybe this get's taken to a Conference Room or maybe taken to Pm
    s or even back to AIM.
    As i wouldnt' want this to ruin a perfectly good Thread about LongHorn ..

cheers
    .:front2back:.

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEE
    Careful man, that's copyrighted.

Careful man, that's copyrighted.
    How could it be copyrighted i mean it's a very comman sentence so how can someone or a company copyright a sentence...
    Am i crazy or did i miss the part were you can copyright sentences now..
    And if that's the case then i wanna copyright a few choice sentences

/me looks for prior art
    Is there a sum of an inifinite geometric series? Well, that all depends on what you consider a negligible amount.

The dude who says that at sporting events owns it.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

It's Michael Buffer Who has the Copyright on the Slogan "Let's Get Ready to Ruuummmmmmbbbbllllle!" .........Michael Buffer has probably made more money than anyone else on Earth by stepping inside a boxing ring — and never throwing a punch.

"With those five words, Buffer and his brother have established an empire that's made millions. Wholesale licensing revenues have grossed about $150 million over the last three years,

For a brief announcing engagement that takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes, Michael Buffer makes in the range of $15,000 to $30,000"

Yes we can Copyright sentences as Trademarks "I am Loving It" Remember...Almost every Copaney has a Trade Mark Slogan now a days..........

hmmmmmmmm Thinking Thinking ..............................

Ok thanks for that little bit of information people..
    Ijust got sorta confused because i just thought that the Company's just used them as slogans i didn't know that they had actually CopyRighted the particular slogan..
    All well it's true you do learn something knew every day

cheers
    f2b:.