Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
Well? What can it not do?
Run on less than 256 MBs of RAM for a start.

And does ping have a GUI now?

I also agree that this "HOLY **** IT NEEDS WHAT TO RUN???" **** is old. People probably thought the same thing about DOS at first.

But of course I'm not letting this go without poking fun.

It's good to see Windows is starting to get the same features XFree86 has had for 3 years or so (Putting the mouse over a picture and getting a little preview and so on)

Blah....I just looked and seen the giant ass "My way is better" war you guys have going on. Count me out of that little arguement, I'll make fun of both ways because I don't give a **** if someone gets RSI using the mouse or not, I do it MY way, which is BOTH.

I start out cracking a joke on RAM requirements for a Windows GUI, and now I'm posting this part so you all know I only read the first page and didn't know about the BASHing you were having.

In the defence of Windows (Not Microsoft, I don't like them, but Windows is OK) Why buy a fast top of the line machine if you're going to play pong and NetHack? Why not actually make it worth the $5,000.00 you spent on it and let it do what it was made to do?

Quit bitching about resources, they drop in price every 6 months anyway. If you don't like it, then:

http://www.slackware.org

Take your pick, decide what YOU like, and what fits YOU, and use it.

...And now for a joke I just thought up about Windows LongWait:

The price will probably be about a dollar for every meg of RAM you need