Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: web builders

web builders

I am new to site building

Do any of you know a good site builder program and how do i put security so my website deosnt get defaced

1. I like Macromedia Dreamweaver

2. Your second question is close to impossible to answer with accurate detail without more specific information.

TIPS:
    Choose a webhost with a demonstrated security track record.

Try to use static HTML content when possible.

it depends on how you have your web server setup... all webservers can be defaced eventually, some just require more work than others -- are you hosting it locally or are you uploading it somewhere?

the reason i ask is because if you are hosting the server, then you know what is running, so it is possible to lookup some of the known vunerablilties/buffer overflows and establish a pattern of weakness in the server so you know what you can and can't do -- i would be careful with the buffer overflows with PHP... but it all depends on what you want your site to do...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

A little more info would be nice. What kind of site is it? Is there going to be any transactions to a database or anything? Are you hosting it yourself? If so what is the OS? See what we mean?

As far as the site builder program, for Windows I personally like Macromedia HomeSite. It is a nice HTML editor. For Linux I like BlueFish.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

Dreamweaver is the industry standard, people say.

IMO, Dreamweaver blows. It's buggy as hell when it comes to its templates and tables. But it's better than most, still. I personally didn't decide to use templates, but the job I filled had them used extensively. I personally am a big fan of GoLive by adobe. I like its site organization better, its integrated ftp (allows chmod), and cleaner interface. I did learn on it, though, so I'm probably biased.

what are good free servers

doesn't anyone build sites w/ html by hand anymore

doesn't anyone build sites w/ html by hand anymore
    Macromedia != automagic HTML

Dreamweaver has two sides to it, an instahtml and an indepth, robust code editor. With sytax highlighting, spell checking, tag help( in terms of "what does this do?"), css help( in terms of "what does this do?"), line numbering, auto tabbing for clean looking code, quick preview mode, w3 html checking, w3 css checking, w3 xml checking and w3 xhtml checking (the list goes on and on) .... it's the most robust by-hand editing tool I've ever used.

as far as "good" free webservers, none because they all have popups or automatically add a banner. but if i was going to pick one i would pick http://www.50megs.com/ because like in their name, you get 50 MB of web site hosting for free :-D

as far as editing goes, i am particularly fond of Adobe GoLive (expensive, but i get it through work...)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

try Dreamweaver or Frontpage(can't believe I just said that). they have good doc's for them and someone always has a few good tricks for them.
    I have 315 relays and 118 switches and have all the power of a calculator.