Thread: Surfer rights ?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Post Surfer rights ?

Following on from the post re:- schools and their rights over their systems, I found this on Symantec's site. It is set in Europe, so some of the law might not travel, but it makes for interesting reading, I like the fact that the employers CANNOT read your EMails. Not that mine are 'bad', but they are MINE, ALL MINE ................... MuHAHAHAHAHAH

[ Sorry about that, must go for a lie down ]

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_e...es/limits.html
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

hmmm -- maybe we should move to europe .... o wait, nevermind :-P

ok, done being stupid -- does anyone know offhand what protections we have here?
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Good Day Foxyl...

According to the court, an e-mail remains private correspondence even if it is sent from the workplace. So personal surfing at the workplace has even been accepted by the courts, provided it remains within the bounds of reason.
    That don't hold water here... At work a huge splash screen comes on then a the giahugical warning about no expectation of privacy and that's it's our network and computer, and we may monitor all traffice etc....

But definitely a good read. Thanks for posting the article.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Well actually if you read the article it seems as if the only restriction is that schools or employers cannot monitor your mail 'without notification'.

Monitoring employees without their knowledge is forbidden in several European countries, including France, however it is authorized if the employees are notified in advance.
    For the most part in businesses and schools I have been at I was always required to sign a form that says I agree to be monitored and waive my right to privacy within my company's network.

Just my spare change
    AzE

EDIT-Darn Relyt you beat me to it

that is how it is here where i go to college -- we pretty much say we waive all rights and they can do whatever they want to us... :-/ if only i could get an oc-3 connection all to myself...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Aze,

yep just type a little quicker...lol

Anyway, I forgot to mention the fairly lawyer type written policy statement they have to read, agree to, and sign.

The users don't own the doggone thing so...

Connection refused, try again later.