Thread: Power Mac G5 So Cool

Banned

Power Mac G5 So Cool

Each new Apple G5 Power Mac includes a liquid cooling system, 8x SuperDrives that can read and write DVD-Rs DVD-RWs and CD-Rs and CD-RWs. All three Apple Power Mac G5s can sustain as much as 8 GB of RAM . A liquid-cooling system handles the heat generated by the 90-nanometer PowerPC chip .

http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/in...ews/34370.html

The apple may be able to sustain 8GB of RAM but id love to see an operating system that can!

Yeah, and exactly how much is this going to set you back? A *lot*, if Apple's current prices are anything to go by.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Originally posted here by pwaring
    Yeah, and exactly how much is this going to set you back? A *lot*, if Apple's current prices are anything to go by.
    According to the apple store it will set you back $4650 for just the 8 GB of ram. Add that to your suped up Mac and you wont get out for less that 10k.

And the only thing that is new is the watercooling right?

They might start having a lot more watercooled machnes soon. I was reading an article talking about processor heat and it basically said that all they can do is get bigger fans, or go to watercooling.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The water cooling isnt really that new, i would say the support for 8 gigs of RAM is pretty unique if anything.

I might save up for about 8 years for it! Allthough by that time it will probably be on Ebay for £100!!

Originally posted here by Nokia
    The water cooling isnt really that new, i would say the support for 8 gigs of RAM is pretty unique if anything.

I might save up for about 8 years for it! Allthough by that time it will probably be on Ebay for £100!!
    I know the watercooling idea is not new. I guess this is the first mass produced computer with water cooling device for the processor. (As water cooling has mainly been around for people who overclock/mod their computers)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I dont reckon i would have the balls to put water anywhere near my box!