Thread: Level of Security

Level of Security

How secure is the Lindows/Linspire OS? Does anyone have any links to security breaches (fixed or not) to give me a general idea of how secure the OS is and how often vulnerabilities are listed? Also, where would be a great place to look for this information?

[gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Linspire has a few forums, some set up by members and also the one on Linspire.com. I would go there searching for answers.

Here're a few links:
    http://www.google.co.in/search?q=cac...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    http://www.linuxsecurity.com/article...icle-8322.html
    http://www.lindows.com
    They're not exactly what you want,but they're a start...google around for more specific material

CT2600 & Info Tech Geek,

I have a couple of empty partitions just waiting for something to be installed in them. Do you use Linspere, do you like it and and would you recommend it?

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I use LinSpire on one of my systems and I find myself using that system most often because it is low maintenance and stable. The only downside to LinSpire is the boot time, it takes about 3 minutes to boot on almost any system you install it on. I'm playing with the open version of xandros as we speak, but if you are not that familiar with Linux, I would give linspire a shot. I really don't think you will be dissapointed.

3 minutes to boot WTF?? , What in the world did they do to make it that slow? My god, i thought they were trying to compete with win , my computer boots windows in about <15 seconds. And probably less for qnx and freebsd.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I went to the forum ITG mentioned and there was a comparison of two systems.

1.) P4 1.3GHZ w/ 1024MB RAM running Linspire 4.5
    2.) Cel 350MHz w/ 96 MB RAM running WinXP

and system 2 blew away system 1 in boot time.