Thread: Well, It finally happened

Well, It finally happened

Sad news today. I got my first popup with a mozilla based broswer. It has been about 2-1/2 years on this side of the fence. Well, you win some and you lose some. The sad thing about it, it was an ad for an anti spyware program. That made me chuckle a bit.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Rats, We were enjoying a pop-up free existence for a long time. I guess it was just a matter of time before they found a way to do it. That's kinda an oxymoron that it was an anti-spyware ad though! So what browsers are still pop-up free? I haven't experienced any on Slim Browser or Opera (but Opera has it's own ads pop up as banners!)

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Banned
    I haven't experienced any on Slim Browser
    me neither, since in installed it i ddint get any pop-ups./..

AntiOnline n00b
    Hii

A Mozilla s not a FoolProof against Popups as we want to thiink ...........no doubt it's popup-Blocker is reasonable good than most of the toolbars(yahoo, google) which generally let through some popups(Come on now They make money through Advertisements).........

I tested my FireFox at PopUpTest.com out of 13 types of pop-up tests it failed in three(Mouseover PopUp, Drop down Popup, Sticky popup) ........with Java Enabled and in one with Java Disabled((Mouseover PopUp,)...........So Relyt i don't think we need to go into future there are already ways to beat the inbuilt Pop-UpBlocker of Mozzila..........and MemorY i would like to see how your Slim Browser fairs ........

--Good Luck--

Banned
    google toolbar let through 4 pop-ups, Slimbrowser let through one.....(the Drop Down pop-up) ....

I discovered a problem with FireFox... It's popup blocker made it difficult for me to look at pr0n on one of my sites... They are handled as popups....

I think it's too good.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

well opera blocked all but 3 (drop down, floating pop-up & floating banner) still not bad

v_Ln