Thread: Strange Display Issue

Strange Display Issue

In my whole life i havent seen anything like this, the problem is that it was really dull, and colors affect other portions of the screen (for example somewhere is black, horizontally from there it will be darker and so on...), also its hard to see small things...at first i thought it was a hardware issue with the monitor but after connecting it to my laptop it showed that its not the monitor...So far i have installed new drivers for NVidia GeForce2 MX 32MB and that didnt help, i also played with some of its toold but nothing, the problem occured all at once when i was playing UT2004 online so I thought unistalling the game might help, but negatiive, i also tried other resolutions and color quality (bits), none of it helped...AO is usually my first place of my last hopes , the one last thing i have in mind which i will do in a few minutes is to open my box and check the card out, if its plugged right in, in the meantime I could use some help from you guys thanks everyone in advance

...ohh here i almost forgot a picture just so u can actually see wtf im talking about

no offense but thats kinda an awesome look to see, not so much for you. Well anyway, I am assuming you have tried rebooting your pc? Now what I would is remove and reseat your video card and then reboot see if that fixes the problem, if that doesnt fix it then I would remove the card, startup the pc with no video, shut it down, by memory (push windows key hit the letter u then u again, then hit enter) wait for it to shut off then reinstall the card and see if that fixes the problem

Edit: if that doesnt work, its your card going out
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I've got a similar problem on my machine, though not as bad as yours. Just some slight streaking. I believe that mine is caused by some bad memory on my rather old nVidia Vanta (sure wish I had money to buy a new card. )

F-U-C-K-E-R...this **** aint working,i dun know if this helps but its also messed up on reboot...that compaq logo etc...so i think its not just the windows itself, wtf is causing this ****, anyone had this problem and successfully solved it?

Well, I would be inclined to think that it is a video card memory issue, like I mentioned before. It is definitely hardware since it shows up at boot. If you have some sort of hardware diagnostic software (bootable floppy, cd, etc.) try running that, and see what it comes up with. Hope you get it figured out!

Hmmm,

I am afraid that your video card could be on the way out. Have you tried altering the refresh rate?

Also in your nVidia settings, set antialiasing and anisotropic filtering to application determined.

Please make sure that there is plenty of room around the card, and that it has a good airflow.

What happens when you boot into safe mode............I know the quality is crap but is it what you would expect?

Does this problem now happen on boot up, or after a while?

It is possible that the game applied settings that your system cannot support, was this the very first time you played it?

Good luck

Well, you explained to me the story over AIM and you said you were playing some game there (i think CS?) for a long time non-stop without turning the monitor off then that happened. Why don't you try taking one borrowed from a friend (you do have friends right? ) and testing it on your machine (a video card) see if that is the problem, the you should borrow their monitor (although you said you connected it to your laptop it wouldn't hurt to try). And if you have to buy another video card try to add another fan or something so this doesn't happen again..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

yea i think its me GeForce, its sucky only 32mb rofl, I'll just have to borrow one from someone for a few hours to test it...haha i was playing around with nvidia settings down by system tray and i clicked something and my screen turns all blank with my wallpapper on it (it was not a next desktop), anyways it pissed me off so i went into safe mode and got rid of it for now...

AO French Antique News Whore
    I have the same problem when my subwoofer gets near my screen. I got a double screen on my desk and my subwoofer is between then. When the subwoofer get near a screen, the part of display get like that. I think its electric interference. Try moving the PC in another room to see if it works or not? Do you have another monitor to test it around for video card also?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Good thinking there Simon,

subwoofers are a real problem for HDDs if you get them too close. Normally they should be on the floor, well away from your screen? (they are not directional like your other speakers), but I think that they generate a fair bit of magnetic field?

The real reason I posted was to ask if skriptkiddie18 had any other electrical devices close to his monitor.............I have seen desktop fans cause all sorts of problems now that I come to think about it.................

Tend to forget about that over here, because the weather is so much cooler

Cheers