Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDC is gone forever!

HDC is gone forever!

Well, it seems the Domain hackers.com is for sale. I suppose this means HDC BBS is gone forever! I put this in misc. security because they were another very good security site that focused on fixing and preventing rather than destroying. I know a few of us here visited there often, and are probably sad to see it go as I am.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

The Grunt,

Well what caused them to go debunk? External pressure for some government entity, internal discontentment, or what? I don't believe I every visited their site, but if it was similiar to this one, that's real disappointing. It's unfortunate that the deviant's sites are more numerous than ours!

Guess I'll cruise over to their site and take a look, now that it is almost to late.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

There database crashed I believe. The Government wasn't involved. If it was, this site would be next on its list. Rust had some info on it a while back... I don't remember the details of what he said happened...
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I managed to go there once or twice but I never got interested because of their non-attractive layout (which i found to be hidious) the black bg and green text drew me away from their site..but if it was like this one im sorry to see it go..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

You are most definitly thinking of a different site than what I am speaking of. They had a beigeish background with light yellow background on toolbars and stuff... Google might have a cache of it, but I am not certain.

A few of the former HDC members and 1 or 2 of the admins started a new BBS that I just found out about, it's http://hackersbbs.com Seems about the same as the original, but not near as many users or activity.

yeah, really sad it is gone away
    it is one of the best, was there
    hope none got caught
    hope the one who get the site, it is for sale on a bid, is not someone who will kill it for ever or a government side

Originally posted here by Ze_Bee
    yeah, really sad it is gone away
    it is one of the best, was there
    hope none got caught
    hope the one who get the site, it is for sale on a bid, is not someone who will kill it for ever or a government side
    Not really the best. They had more noob wanna-be (i just watched hackers the movie and I wanna be l33t) hackers then we get here. Having all those noobs really brought down the site discussion.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I thought hdc was a good place to learn about computers.Hoping this other site we be as big as the old hdc.

Not really the best. They had more noob wanna-be (i just watched hackers the movie and I wanna be l33t) hackers then we get here. Having all those noobs really brought down the site discussion.
    They didn't just bring it down, they like pulled it out of a car going 100MPH and then ran it over a few times, then hit it in the head with a baseball bat... with nails on it...

Stupid n00bs plus overreactive perfectionist admins led to a dead site... There were like 10 truly knowledgable people and like 50 who were actually learning something at the time they went down...

Like everyone there put on a "goody goody' face if they knew something just so they wouldn't get banned or parked... It was a pretty fun site, but it could of been a hell of a lot better with some small simple changes. Like allowing us to flame noobs. Not like noobs on this site either, like noobs that went there and asked "how do i hack?" just like that in a post, then we would say well, you have to learn about IP address and stuff. Then they would be like WTF is an IP address? And that's when I wanted to shoot them, but no, we had to be nice to them even though once they saw the slightest bit of work in it they left and never came back, but we still weren't allowed to flame. It was pretty stupid.

the only thing i liked about that site was www.hdcwargame.com, this was the first "hackme" challenge i've ever did, it was all about javascript, so it thought me a couple of things about javascript, but for the rest of the site, i didn't like it that much, and it "had" a black background, but i believe last year or so it changed...

it's always a shame to see that sites devoted to computers are gone, whatever the reason might be!