net helpmsg 2310 NEwbie needs help

Thread: net helpmsg 2310 NEwbie needs help

Unhappy net helpmsg 2310 NEwbie needs help

I keep getting ms dos pop ups that say, type net helpmsg 2310, and nothoing is working right. How do I fix this problem? I believe the registry editor is mixed up but when I try to look at it will only stay up for about ten seconds. Please help
    Thanks Newbie
    May we break these Shackles and run with the wind

C:\Documents and Settings\user>net helpmsg 2310

This shared resource does not exist.

The share name you specified does not exist.

Check the spelling of the share name.

To display a list of resources shared on the server, type:

Looks like a mapped drive can't reconnect. (either because it doesn't exist or it can't be reached)

If the regedit keeps closing itself... run spyware removal programs and scan for a virus/trojan.

Those are a couple of places to start.

Also, run a hijackthis and save the log to a .txt file, zip it and post it here.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Here's a link related to the subject:

Now,as it says,you might've installed a false windows update,and you need to acces your registry to delete the faulty entry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run key.Here's a few ideas.Tried ,aking a copy of your registry editor as copy regedit.exe and run it from there?Tried seeing if you can disable the process via msconfig.exe?As a last resort,you might want to download a registry cleaner( should be a direct link,but go to if doesnt work