Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Security Websites

www.virusbtn.com

^^ That's one Negative introduced me too. Very good website that does some in-depth reviewing of various different AV products.

Ninja Code Monkey
    As far as security white papers go with sans, you may also want to check out www.giac.org

A good number of papers end up on there from people doing their certification that do not make it to the main sans reading room.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Infosyssec

Not really security sites, but helpful sites:
    SysInfo
    Startup List
    Tasklist Programs
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

29a.host.sk/

-Cheers-

Banned
    29a.host.sk/
    Never knew that a virus trading site was considered a security site

The 29a site has some very interesting stuff i dowloaded their "newsletter" a whiles back and it has some very interesting ideas and stuff , as well as some very naughty source and tools.

"They don't like outsiders roaming around their territory, especially security nuts like ourselves. Enter with caution."

If they didn't want people to read their stuff it would be a private site and not indexed by google. If you are on win and dumb enough to execute some of the binarys on your computer you deserve what you get As it is pretty apparant/explained what they do.

Pretty gutsy posting 29a the holier than thous are bound to whine and cry
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Pretty gutsy posting 29a the holier than thous are bound to whine and cry
    Whine about what? The site has immense amounts of information and code that could be helpful. The people that are crying are ignorant, uptight *******s, nothing I can do about that.

-Cheers-

Site

Isc.sans.org and www.sans.org/rr are two favorites. The first is good for getting a picture of INternet traffic and breaking threats, the second is good for research.

If you can ignore his boredom-induced flaming, PM does a have a point. Those kinda websites do provide a means of watching the newest trends emerge. And lumpy, I was referring to hacker sites in general, but you're right, if you are naive enough to walk in there that way you are asking for it.