A Big Thanks

Thread: A Big Thanks

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

Thumbs up A Big Thanks

A long overdue thanks
    I just wanted to extend a big thanks to AO and a many of its members. Since I registered here over a year and a half ago, I've gained an incredible amount of knowledge thats not only helped me secure my system but, also helped secure the network at my company(where I work part-time) and my family's systems and co-worker's systems and the list goes on and on.
    Funny thing is, I wasn't even hired as IT for my part-time night work. Just from what I learned here, I was able to (over time) demonstrate an excellent ability to maintain/secure their network. So now instead of doing trivial tasks, they got me maintaining the network, something I've always enjoyed doing.
    Even at my full time job (civil engineer) which has nothing to do with computers at all, I'm constantly finding myself aiding other co-workers secure their systems. Trust me, it's a great feeling to be depended on and trusted like that.
    Before I came here, I had no such knowledge and I was actually a complete putz when it came to computer security. Now, 200 something posts later, I'm still a putz but at least I know that a port isn't only where a ship docks
    Anyways, I'm rambling. I'll get to the point. Thanks AO and members for all the help you've given me. It's greatly appreciated!

p.s I know what you're thinking but, I'm not looking for greenies damnit! Seriously, I'm just saying thanks to all.
    p.s.s I'm not looking for negs either!
    p.s.s.s I am however looking for my cat.
    p.s.s.s.s Wait, I don't have a cat.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Banned
    I'm still a putz but at least I know that a port isn't only where a ship docks
    That was just funny !

p.s I know what you're thinking but, I'm not looking for greenies damnit! Seriously, I'm just saying thanks to all.
    p.s.s I'm not looking for negs either!
    p.s.s.s I am however looking for my cat.
    p.s.s.s.s Wait, I don't have a cat.
    That was simply hillarious

You're welcome, if i helped you, sometimes...can't remember if i did.

oh: He doesn't ask for greenies, and what does he get, take a wild guess. I guess AO members fall for reverse psychology easy !

Originally posted here by MemorY

oh: He doesn't ask for greenies, and what does he get, take a wild guess. I guess AO members fall for reverse psychology easy !
    Mmm.... let's test the theory out... hope it doesn't the opposite affect with me... =)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! YOU ALL ARE SO SMART AND HELPFUL! ITS PEOPLE LIKE CHSH AND MEMORY THAT MAKE MAKE THIS PLACE GREAT!!! PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME GREENIES BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL SO KIND AND GENEROUS!!!

Banned
    No no..all wrong, you should say "Dont give me greenies" at the end, that'll make sure you do get greenies

Nah i don't fall for Reverse Psychology MemorY i felt that the dude deserved some green peas so i gave him a few green peas.

Banned
    I love all you little text and jpg images on my screen so much that I might let you all pay me to sit down while you all give me a genital massage on my nuts with your hands & tongues.

Anyone who posts below this is being craped on and should feel dumb for even responding to piles of crap.
    Me grabs umbrella so i don't get covered in crap

And if you like looking at txt and jpegs then i can throw you a URL that is filled with them...