Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the road to iran

the road to iran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story...238813,00.html

"In October, the foreign ministers of the UK, France and Germany went to Tehran and came back with a deal: Iran gives up its nuclear ambitions in exchange for better trade relations with the west ... Eight months later, the jury is in.

"On June 1, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA], Mohamed ElBaradei, issued a report ... It caught Iran in lie after lie ... Iran is bent on enriching nuclear fuel in a way that points in only one direction: nuclear weapons ...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

What will happen in the continuing story of...'The Axis of Evil'

In our last episode afganistan sank like a stone, lybia surrendered or so it woould seem and iraq was opened up for the coalition forces to mount an even larger attack on the main body of the enemy. tension mounts as we prepare to begin the next chapter.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

"i wonder if those that are slumbering in the ground
    will be disturbed by the thundering sound
    of a one way ticket to eternity"

(quit frankly, i forgot who wrote it)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

So we have shown in iraq that the only way to curb our agresive emperilistic goals is to have nuke's, if I where Iran I would be begging NorthKorea/China/Russsia/Russian balck market for any warheads I can get, and then make sure the US knew we had them...its protecting N.Korea so far.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

So we have shown in iraq that the only way to curb our agresive emperilistic goals is to have nuke's, if I where Iran I would be begging NorthKorea/China/Russsia/Russian balck market for any warheads I can get, and then make sure the US knew we had them...its protecting N.Korea so far.
    How can you Democrats live with this double standard that you are spewing forth. Democrats are saying that Iran should have nukes to protect themselves from the tyrannical United States, while at the same time they protest any use of nuculear technology here in the U.S., whether that be bombs or power plants. What you have with NK is a miniature cold war. Thank God that they do not have the delivery means to reach the U.S with a nuke. We really have two choices, go back to the 60's era of hiding under your school desk, or fix the problem before it becomes one.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

who ever said i was a democrat? Persoanly have nothing agenst nuke power here or abroad and think its the hight of hypocrace for us to say we can haves nukes and you can't to other nations.

who ever said i was a democrat?
    lol

Given to history. Weapons of supreme power in the hands of radicals spells out a mushroom cloud. If technology is achieved, they will be used. It's only a matter of time. The entire face of Iran was changed in only a few weeks. It will happen again, and this time they will have a weapon to use as example. Who will it be, most likely someone in Europe. I support the cause for supressing that technology and soe does John Kerry (look down - v v v v v)
    Oh wait no he doesn't, oh wait yes he does, oh sorry he doesn't today.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

the plot thickens:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...5649-4707r.htm

Iran massing troops on Iraq border

Beirut, Lebanon, Jun. 15 (UPI) -- Iran reportedly is readying troops to move into Iraq if U.S. troops pull out, leaving a security vacuum.

The Saudi daily Al-Sharq al-Awsat, monitored in Beirut, reports Iran has massed four battalions at the border.

Al-Sharq al-Awsat quoted "reliable Iraqi sources" as saying, "Iran moved part of its regular military forces towards the Iraqi border in the southern sector at a time its military intelligence agents were operating inside Iraqi territory."
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hardly surprising is it, as Iran would love to extend its territory into Iraq.
    They did have that rather nasty war about 10 years ago when the West supported Iraq, so they feel they have a few scores to settle.

Iran is almost certainly supporting alqueda and other extreme groups to achieve its aim.

Not least the fact that they want an Islamic state, rather than a democracy.

NO Islamic states want a democracy (which includes Saudia Arbia)

darkes: not entirely true wit hyour last statement, there are a few small islamic democracies in the mid east one one hugh one called Turky.....I would hate t osee what the Turks do if iran invades iraq...my gues is thought that the iranians are massing troops for the same reason that the turks are, they are both terrified that the kurds will try and carve out their own country as soon as the americans leave. Neither Iran or Turky will stand for that

RoadClosed: if you are worried about the indiscrimanate use of nukes worry more about our "allies" in pakistan, they have them allready and have come within a hair of lobbing them at india, if this happens we may get lucky and have a small regional exchange or china and russia may get involved...then things get ugly

bballad, hmm, depends on what you mean by an 'Islamic state' I suppose.

I've been to Turkey a couple of times, and I would regard it as a secular democracy where the majority religion is Muslim, in much the same way that other countries in the EU (and the US etc.) are a secular democracy, where usually Christianity is the main religion.

Turkey is lobbying hard to become a member of the EU, and is amending some of its laws, to try and achieve membership.

What I meant by 'Islamic states' was places like Saudi Arabia, Iran etc where it is a criminal offence to possess a copy of the bible, or carry out any act of Christian worship.

For example, in Turkey, women are allowed to drive a car (not sure if that is a good thing though ), work, and if you want to, you can drink alcohol, or go to a Christian church.