I need help removing some Adware/Spyware...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help removing some Adware/Spyware...

I need help removing some Adware/Spyware...

Well, a few weeks a go I run S&D on my Windows 2000 Professional computer, and some items didn't want to delete so today I run into safe mode and run S&D and I get the same errors as before:

The application or DLL C:/Windows/WT/webdriver.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
    The application or DLL C:\windows\wt\wtupdates\wtwebdriver\files\3.3.1.001\legacy\webdriver.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
    The application or DLL C:\windows\wt\wtupdates\wtwebdriver\files\3.3.1.001\legacy\wt3d is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
    This error message comes up 10 times:

The dynamic link library WDNEGINE.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\Windows\System;C:\WINDOWS;C:\PROGR~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;C:\Program Files\NMapWin\\bin;;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1.
    Can anyone help me out here I'm clueless. And yes this is the latest version of S&D.

The Following are the ones that could not be removed because of the above errors:
    Alexa Related
    DSO Exploit
    FunWeb
    MainPean
    ShowBehind
    SubSeven
    WildTangent
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Can I quickly ask why you got SubSeven on your comp?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Would like to know that myself...

UPDATE: Removed Alexa with Ad-Aware
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Re: I need help removing some Adware/Spyware...

Originally posted here by Raion

The Following are the ones that could not be removed because of the above errors:
    Alexa Related
    DSO Exploit
    FunWeb
    MainPean
    ShowBehind
    SubSeven
    WildTangent
    What the hell were you doing? Surfing the web with IE and Active X downloading anything as you went about your merry way or did you download that crap and infect yourself?? =\

Looking at the errors, I'm guessing that wt would be Wild Tangent and thier crap, you can manually delete that whole directory if you don't want it and then let Ad-aware take of the keys and minor details.

And for the DSO Exploit, get some kind of AV and update it, then that sucker should be easy to take care of... but how the hell did you get so much crap?

rotflmao, I haven't formatted this computer in over 4 years..4 years a go I used kazaa, get where I'm going here?

Hijackthis, S&D (latest, they made big changes recently) and Ad-aware should fix it....not in that order though, Hijackthis pretty much kills everything, except you have to do it manualy.

if all else fails.... Format
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

It's just spyware I'm not gonna format over spyware especially not loose my 4yr record

Did you clean up/delete those kazaa files? Or scan them? Because that's probably the problem. You can contract loads of virii and the like from p2p application's such as kazaa.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hopefully I dont jacked for this but as I have said before your virus issues aren't unique; stop acting like it. There is no need to create a new thread just so you feel special and important, you aren't! I wrote a tutorial/rant on dealing with viruses and spy-ware, it also has a message for people like you here. Enjoy the read and stop posting these threads.

-Cheers-

The DSo exploit is a current false positive that Spybot throws.
    WildTangent can be removed from add/remove programs.
    The other malware can be removed with one of these online scans:
    *PandaSoft
    *TrendMicro
    or by running
    * Adaware
    * Spybot

If your problems persist, then you could post a HJT log so someone that knows how to read the logs can help.

EDIT: And to jump on Spyder's bandwagon, you may want to learn how to read logs, because p2p brings you many of these problems, and unless you learn how to protect your system, you will need to get good at it.

EDIT2: And to reinforce Noia's assessment, it will kill everything..and I mean everything. Your system will be nuked if you are not careful.