treason?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: treason?

treason?

Is this just bad journalism? I don’t think so.

Putting aside whether you like Cheney or not, time magazine has revealed to the entire world the location of the second in command of the United States in the event of a national emergency. If I were to go tell OBL and the boys this myself I would be jailed for treason. IMO it is!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

WHITE HOUSE ANGER AFTER TIME MAGAZINE DETAILS LOCATION OF CHENEY'S 'SECRET BUNKER'
    Tue Jun 15 2004 11:11:34 ET

Top White House officials expressed anger after TIME magazine detailed the location of Vice President Dick Cheney's secret bunker, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In new editions, TIME revealed "Site R," an underground bunker on the Maryland-Pennsylvania border where the Vice President spent much of his time in 2001.

TIME wrote: "Deep under Raven Rock Mountain, Site R is a secret world of five buildings, each three stories tall, computer filled caverns and a subterranean water reservoir. It is just 7 miles from Camp David."

Raven Rock Mountain is easily found using basic geographical maps.

One White House officials fumed Monday night: "TIME magazine would have revealed secret the location of Anne Frank, if they knew it."

Developing...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The AJCC (alternet joint comunications center) in the middel of a military base...highly unlikely that the HQ of army comunications wouldn't be a target with or without chany there. Not supreised its his bunker one of the most secure places in the area that isn't part of DC and a very logical place to hide him considering the coms gear allready there. A bit of intrest to us infosec guys that the home of the DISA...neat place, if i had thaught about it this would have been on my short list of chany locals, very doubtful its the only one. Even wit hthe name being out chany isn't any less secure.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

so you think the times should be able to print anything it gets its hands on?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thats the wonders of freedom ofthe press...I would be more worried about who leaked this info to the times, once its been leaked its public domain, and considering the site leting people know hes there dosn't jeperdise his security. Interestingly this site pops up as one of the locations for the shadow goverment in many conspericy theories......

While it is on the ground of an Army Fort. I wouldn't call it heavily populated. No doubt security was probably lacking do to it's hidden agenda. But it's close proximity to Camp David would make that easier to remedy. Typically security at these sites are low key, that is to assist in their secrecy. While I agree there is freedom in the press to mention these things, it's poor judgement in my opinion. Site R is a known communications center that hasn't really been a secret for a while, but this does make it an easier target especially since it's generally accepted that something will happen this summer and now there is coordinates to a spot known to house the secretarty of Defense often. Hell they already got the Pentagon once.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

agreed its not a 'major' security threat. but where is the line drawn.

"a times reporter has dicovered a secret doomsday machine in place and set up so the president can reach it from anywhere. all he has to do is dial 1.800.eatshit and enter the code 'endnow'."

on issues of national security, and emergency command centers are just that, just because someone leaked it to the press or some investigative reporter discovered it is no reason to publish it. doesn't responsible journalism include protecting the nation? there is no reason we should allow anyone to make the enemies job ANY easier.

Banned
    Have to agree with Tedob1, The press is responsible for so much of the current world opinion, and fuels the fire of whats right and wrong. I would rather not know half of whats leaked and released by these do gooders that are chasing bigger egos and statas. What you dont know wont hurt you. In my short time on this planet, i thought that propagander and the opinion of the masses won wars and changed the world, be it true or false. It seems that some american jorno's are on the other side, allways taking the veiw of human rights and decency
    just to get a good story to better their career, while forgetting who they are and what they should stand for. I think that there is too much freedom in a democratic society, that lets these traitors reveal such information as mentioned above. The sooner the powers that be curb these idiots and enforce some kind of security standard, the easier it will be to manage peoples minds and opinions. Shouldn't it come down to national security ? Does el jazzeera
    show the other side of the story ? i dont think so. Would their own jorno's leak extremists locations ? Maybe, but it wouldn't be printed or broadcast.
    As long as we all stand up for fredom of the press and everything else democratic, i know who is going to win this war, not the ****ing do gooders.
    Anyways just my opinion

Tedob1,

all he has to do is dial 1.800.eatshit and enter the code 'endnow'."
    Those instructions are way too complicated for a politician?...we are all safe folks.....

Errrrrrrrrrr?

These installations are not majicked out of the ground?..........someone built them?..............several of those were sleeper spies? So the "enemy" KNOW about them?

Anyways, if you killed Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney............would America come to an end?............I doubt it

And I thought that I was paranoid

For those of you who agree that this information should be published, let us look at this from a light that shines closer to home.

The scenario:

A child rapist/murderer has been active in your home town or urban area. Now in all fairness to freedom of the press, a journalist pulls the following information about the all of the children in the local area: names, ages, addresses, school bus numbers, where they like to play, number of parents /w occupations and hours of employment, and the general conditions where the children may be left at home alone; and this journalist prints all of this information in the local newspaper, making it much easier to kidnap, molest, and kill your child, brother, or sister as the case may be. Sure the sicko that is plaguing the area could find out all of this information on his own, but remember this is freedom of the press! It doesn't matter whose life is endangered as long as you are not targeting a minority group, where the article can be mistrued as a hate speech.

If you still think this it is a good idea to print the location of our vice-president during a national crisis, you really need to seek medical help.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

OverdueSpy: the posted a location that he was in during the last crisis, he is nolonger in hideing and i doubt they would use the same place twice, there are plenty of bunkers within a few hours of DC (or hell theres camp david)

Nihli: you are correct way to hard, the code for our old miniteman missles was 0000000 so they wouldnt have t oremembe a bunch of numbers to launch them

as for names/addresses of children, that is not public information unless you starting printing it or giving it out to reporters if they print it its an envasion of privacy...same wit hchanys location, if some dope in the administration wasn't trying to look cool and mouth off to the press about where he was hidden (from what i saw of the artical the reporter got a toure of the site or something) on the record this would have never been reported..excpt for a few dopes (Heraldo a noteable exception) most members of the press wont give out state secrates they know off the record...im sure most people in the belway knew where chany was but said nothing till the administration gave them the goahead with a leak.(its not taht hard to notice where marien 1 is going or that convoy of limos and black SUV's...hell either chany or bush was in my neck of the woods about 6 months ago with out alerting any one, i know beacuse some one sent secrate service out for pizza and they drove federal plate one, the press must have noticed air force one flying in but said nothing.)