View Poll Results: Should there be an Addicted Seniors forum?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

29 85.29%
  • no

5 14.71%

Thread: pgp keys: where to store?

pgp keys: where to store?

Its probably not the safest thing to store your PGP keys on your hard drive, because if you are hacked, they can be stolen, right? Or am I just being paranoid?

Any safe (and quick) places to store them?
    Either get busy living or get busy dying.

-The Sawshank Redemption

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I have a USB flash drive where all of my keys are stored. It's simple and it works.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Ooooh, someone needs to write a tut on this stuff...

I just keep mine on a floppy disk. One not labled that I keep with all my saved homework from school.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

I keep mine on a post-it that I've laminated and taped to my monitor.

Oh, I also keep a couple of spares under my keyboard... just in case.

j/k...

I have a sony microvault USB flash key that is password protected and encrypted.

I also have them encrypted twice in my palm pilot... encrypted with YAPS (yet another password safe) and then that database is encrypted by the T3 using RC4 encryption... I also have "intrusion prevention" turned on... meaning... if I type in the password wrong 3 times it erases all encrypted data/databases on the T3. Since the backup of the database is also stored on my PC for hotsync... I have that encrypted using Microsoft's EFS.

I'm not sure exactly how strong m$'s EFS is... but nobody except for my account can access it and I use very strong passwords.

Overparinoid?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok, I just moved mine to a plain floppy (is that safe enough, or can I encrypt the floppy too? please fill me in with details), but now the pgp tray keeps complaining that it can't access the keys...should I not worry?
    Either get busy living or get busy dying.

-The Sawshank Redemption