Thread: Ubizen discovers three new IE vulnerabilities

Senior since the 3 dot era

Ubizen discovers three new IE vulnerabilities

Ubizen, an important player in the security field discovered three new leaks in microsoft internet explorer, they advice not to use IE until the patches come out.

11/06/04

Two vulnerabilities are very serious. They are an easy way to take control over the victim's box the third one is related to active X and involves a privacy problem.

http://www.ubizen.be/c_about_us/2_pu.../040611_e.html

The exploits are so called 'zero day' exploits. Their potential exist in the software since the beginning.

The best advice is to change to anothjer browser or if you take the risk to use IE, disable activeX scripting.

VictorKaum

Thanks for the info. The article recommended using Mozilla, Opera, etc., until a patch is out. It didn't mention whether or not the IE Clones are affected by the exploits. Have you heard anything relative to that?

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I had not been here in a bit and I am not attempting to promote my own thread. I however maybe posted in the wrong area but I wonder if the current issues I have found on two different networks are related so at least bother to look is it a flaw or by design I am not sure the other thread posted by me http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=258240

Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Palemoon, I think that's a different issue, anyhow it could be related.

@relyt : what do you mean exactly with IE clones?
    The safest option is to switch to a browser like Opera ( www.opera.com ) and besides, you will not be disappointed.

Good Afternoon VictorKaum,

Well maybe IE Clone wasn't quite the right phrase, but some do share many parts of IE. MyIE2 is a multipage browser based on the Internet Explorer core (IE 5.x or 6.0 required). Slim Browser, and I believe Avant may also.

Thanks for the response and for the Opera suggestion. I have Slim Browser, Firefox, Opera, and IE. And my favorites are Slim Browser and Opera. I was curious if you knew whether the two vulnerabilities you mentioned could affect those browsers that share or are similar to IE.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.