Thread: Help with Win2k Server "Access Denied"

Help with Win2k Server "Access Denied"

Its a Windows 2000 Server sp4.
    Its running NT Server Protect (Trend Micro)
    BVAUDIT (Net Inventory)
    Magic IQ (help Desk)
    thats all is all the apps on this server.
    some weird things like Magic resending old mail messages to EUs that their tickets were closed (only happend on a reboot), and BVAUDIT service locking up and not taking inventory. I found that i cannot end any process...it says "Access denied"so I tried the "kill" utility and that gave the same error. I cannot end any prcesses at all. this leads me to think its a windows permissions issue. I edited group policy to allow not only admin but EVERYONE (temporarily for testing) and it still fails.
    has anyone ever seen this before?
    it is up to date on its service pack and on security updates.here is one of the messages in the event viewer from Magic.

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below.
    Component Prog ID:
    Server Application ID: {C95127FB-B355-4AA7-B5F0-EB97476A15A3}
    Server Application Name: Magic Server Components
    The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
    Exception: C0000005
    Address: 0x68090D4A
    Call Stack:
    NAMLogic + 0x10D4A
    NAMLogic + 0x10BD3
    TxfAux + 0x35C61
    ole32!CoCreateFreeThreadedMarshaler + 0x2E94
    ole32!CoCreateFreeThreadedMarshaler + 0x3153
    ole32!CoCreateFreeThreadedMarshaler + 0x350A
    TxfAux!CoGetInterceptorForOle32 + 0x2FD7
    namasynchlogic + 0x1A4C
    namasynchlogic + 0x50C6
    KERNEL32!TlsSetValue + 0xF0
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Not sure about your error..
    When I cant kill or restart services, I usually disable them and then reboot then reenable and reboot again.
    Did you try to remove and reinstall problem application?

Cheers

Originally posted here by ss2chef
    Not sure about your error..
    When I cant kill or restart services, I usually disable them and then reboot then reenable and reboot again.
    Did you try to remove and reinstall problem application?

Cheers
    No, I havent tried to reinstall the app. I have however disabled the services and rebooted to no avail. i still cant end any system process.
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Originally posted here by Jason1977
    No, I havent tried to reinstall the app. I have however disabled the services and rebooted to no avail. i still cant end any system process.
    I would try to reinstall the app. Have you tried booting into safe mode? The process should not run in safe mode and you should be able to uninstall.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)