Thread: cable question.

cable question.

Hello, I have a question. Are the IDE cables that connect things like the cd-rom the same as the cable that connects the harddrive? I know the floppy one is different, but what about the one for the HDD? Or is that a different type? I am asking because I want to get a rounded cable to replace the flat one I am currently using for my harddrive. I already have rounded cables for both my cd-rom and my floppy. I'm unsure and wanted to double check before I bought another rounded cable that may or may not fit.

Thanks in advance.

`kid

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Yes the IDE cables that connect things like the cd-rom will also work on Hard Drives.......You can get the same one you got your CD-ROM to work on your Hard Disks .The one that is already connecting the CD-ROM .... you can use the same to connect the Hard Disk if you want ..... As many as 2 drives can be connected to a single 2 headed cable ......So you can make the Hardisk Primary Master and the CD-Rom Slave by altering the Jumpers............

The Ribbon cable and the Round cable are the same thing it's just that Roung are in fashion.......

Between-- Welcome to AO

--Good Luck--

Thanks SwordFish_13, that helped a ton! Thanks for the welcome as well.

Not sure why others are using them, but I want them for the cooling effects. However, I'd be lying if I said they didn't look cool too. lol

Cool!

`kid