Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob,Sorry

Thankyou,I m just reading some of your great tutorials you have. Im tryong to make myself anonymous. THANKYOU ALL ! It is veryt much appreciated.
    Windows XP Pro , 2400+ AMD, 80gb Western Digital,MSI-K7N 2G Delta ILSR,256 pc2400, CDRW ,DVD Multi format RW

As for Port 1025 being open.. were you connected to the net and viewing a page?

do a Netstat -a from the Command interface (DOS Box) to get a bit more info or
    D/L FPort or even TCPView. This should tell you the process that is using that port..and you need to work out from there if it is bad or not.

When connecting to the net Win opens an outgoing port normaly in the low 1000's I know 1024/5 shows up regular here as do ports in the 3000's

An apology to blipped4.. I do not want you to think i am the boards "post quality control officer". My manner will come across as hardline, I am trying aquire people skills my intent is to guide/help not put down.

no anger at the person who posted this to me:

Fair enough, you asked for more info, but you aren't "we"
    So To this person.. Did you understand EVERYTHING that was asked? I didn't and same for many others. Mind I could have worded my responce better..ok

Many of us DO answer questions ASSUMING what Operating system the person is using. Now this is fine a lot of the time.. But for some problems the assumption of OS can be very misleading, and can lead US on a merry chase. Sometimes a hardware list can speak louder than 1000 words of precise text, that is to a person who has used the same hardware..
    And at the end of the day.. "It stuffed up", "the screen looks funny", or "why isn't www.asx.com.au showing" are questions that many are tired of hearing and it helps if the questions are easier..

Cheers

BTW.. Glad some were able to help you blipped4.. Like the MoBo..sweet.. what video card have you mated with it?.. (I noted the 4/8x AGP socket and the nForce chipset)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Thankyou, I traced the ip to a person who sold me laptops a while ago, He never sent the laptops. I am undergoing some server problems witht his person, He says he has been away,But when his pc is turned on and connected to the interent from hours 9am to 12pm GMT. He has a firewall up. Also his ports are closed,Apart from 1025 and 24004. He claimed to sell very cheap Alienware PCs,He said they were stolen form the manufactuer AFTER the money was sent. So I soon realised i was in an illegal situation. He lives in Belarus, Minsk, So he says, i have tried finding his adress but it cant find it. I can find a university,But Not the number which he claims to live at.
    Any ideas?
    Windows XP Pro , 2400+ AMD, 80gb Western Digital,MSI-K7N 2G Delta ILSR,256 pc2400, CDRW ,DVD Multi format RW

Thankyou, I traced the ip to a person who sold me laptops a while ago, He never sent the laptops. I am undergoing some server problems witht his person, He says he has been away,But when his pc is turned on and connected to the interent from hours 9am to 12pm GMT. He has a firewall up. Also his ports are closed,Apart from 1025 and 24004. He claimed to sell very cheap Alienware PCs,He said they were stolen form the manufactuer AFTER the money was sent. So I soon realised i was in an illegal situation. He lives in Belarus, Minsk, So he says, i have tried finding his adress but it cant find it. I can find a university,But Not the number which he claims to live at.
    Ok, please excuse me if I am being skeptical without need but this is starting to look like a SE attempt. You are looking to be anonymous, the port you were asking us about is now open on another person’s pc whom u have a grudge against. Is it just me or is this sending up red flags with other people too?

AzE

What is an SE for starters?
    Please explain further what you are trying to say?

No port 1025 is not bad.

flags went up all over the place...

neway, the best way to take care of your laptop situation is report it to the police, they will tell you what to do from there...

as far as being anonymous on IRC, i typically VPN into my university and then go from there ...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

although all the lists say 'blackjack' (3 days older than christ) its actually kept open by svchost. what exectly its responsible for on that port im not really sure but i can tell you that when i blocked it using a FW on an ftp server the server became unaccesable using windows explorer for an ftp client... for whatever thats worth.

BTW many IRC server will refuse a proxied connection.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

1025 is svchost.

blipped4: SE is "social engineering"

It means twisting the truth in a way to get what you want.

Go see "Catch Me if You Can" with Tom Hanks and Leo Dicaprio if you want an example.