dcsimg
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban on members

Banned
    Originally posted here by Negative
    They may have moved on, but they can't resist coming back (even if only to say that they have moved on)...

It's fun to compare old and new. Old, like before you were fellated daily by a bunch of mental midgets. Old like when everyone knew everyone. Old, like the days long gone; when someone could speak their mind without being censored by "Antipoints." Old like the days when you, called Americans, "Hamericans," and sported the communist hammer and sickle on your website.

Ahhh ... the good old days.

Well when I grow up, I'll be a good stuff-posting senior as well!

And now I'm drinking milk...

Originally posted here by Zonewalker
    well lets face it AO like any other forum, it evolves and the flavour or quality of the discussions are a reflection of the members who post frequently. In any case I've read these kind of posts on AO for longer than I care to remember - someone is frequently saying 'it used to be better' - looking at the halycon days of yore is part of the normal human condition I'm afraid. So if you (as in the general 'you' rather than you specifically pwaring) are not happy about the way things are going why don't 'you' (again in the general sense) do something about it and actually put some decent stuff on the boards?
    I have an idea of a thread to post that might get people interested, even if it's not security-related stuff. Might put it up tomorrow, depends how bored I am.

come on you can't use that as an excuse you have 11 dots and shed loads of AP's. Half the people here who might neg you aren't going to have any impact on that stash of green. Half of the rest who might give you AP's will probably agree with you and give you green... the other half who might disagree well
    Well, I don't lay into Windows as much as I used to anyway, not after I've seen a half-decent deployment of it in action (although I still have the odd jab at it every now and again, like when my uni had to reinstall over 2000 XP machines twice in two months because of remote security holes, whereas the Debian clients remained intact). The negs don't really bother me, although I could easily be knocked off my 11 dot status if one or two seniors ganged up on me. APs are a bit pointless for me now though.

Ok - then so here we go I'm up for an argument tonight.... or is everyone just going to go quiet on me?
    Sorry, I'm washing my hair.

Glad to see you are back though - us Brits need to stick together!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Flash M0nkey
    I've been around AO long enough to see a **** load of these threads - but one thing i do know is that everywhere will ahve its ups and downs just like real life....change is something that you can't stop no matter how you try. Some changes you'll like others you wont - you just gotta either deal with it and carry on or bugger off else-where the choise is completly up to each individual.

v_Ln

Sorry, I'm washing my hair.
    huh you tart, spoil my fun why don't you

Ok - you post the thread I'll get involved if I can - deal?

Val - I've just left a comment on your blog thingy....

I'm going to bed anyway seeing as I'm probably going to be awake at 04:30 <again> - bloody sunlight, hate the stuff
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Banned
    Old like the days when you, called Americans, "Hamericans," and sported the communist hammer and sickle on your website.

Ahhh ... the good old days.
    Never thought I'd do you a favor by doing this, but it's still there

Banned
    Originally posted here by Negative
    Never thought I'd do you a favor by doing this, but it's still there
    Oh come on Neg. I've already seen it. You should show it to some of the good ol' boy, conservative, cowboys down in Texas. I'm sure, they would like it.

Banned
    I'm a stay-at-home dad for a reason: to avoid those people... I don't feel like being dragged around town by a Dodge.

Ninja Code Monkey
    It's one o those belgian funny boys!! Quick hoss, get yer hemi!!
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Yikes, NEG!

You did something on neg.be ... For the longest time I'd go there hoping that something would change, but it was always the same old message.

I've been here a disgustingly long time for the number of posts I have. I blame my short attention span, half-way through posts I end up saying "screw it." That and I often think that I never actually post anything, I just ramble until I get distracted by something shiny.

Not that you could tell, but I actually just got distracted and wandered off...

Anyway, to be contrary, the only change I've noticed has been that the griping in the forums has gone from JP sucks to Jupiter Media sucks. I still manage to find interesting and helpful posts hidden amongst the plethora of drivle, but mindless drivle has a place too.

Back to the news article on neg.be..., that made me crave a Stella... why I don't know, maybe it was the close proximity of the words Belgian and Beer...

Anyway, I feel a distraction coming on.

Peace,
    Dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel