Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allow Mods to Edit Posts (for excessive swearing, touch-ups at request of user, etc.)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    How about this for an alternative suggestion (I just sent it to you Gothic in reply to your AP comment): why not let mods have the ability to hide a post?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Custom User
    Yeah...that's a good suggestion. But let's think about the other issue here again: being able to edit your post after the time limit is over. Can anyone think of any other methods of allowing that? And also, what would be the reasons for wanting to do so? How major of minor would the edit have to be to be allowed, or should there be no time limit for editing?

ac

Well, I have a post that needs editing, but is way over the limit. I could request a Admin open it back up for me to edit, but it hardly seems to be worth the effort.
    Now if there were not a time limit, I would have already edited it, but I can also understand the reasoning to have such a limit. What if I were to go back into a tread I wrote 2 years ago and put in some really objectionable material. The mods can't be expected to monitor every thing.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

gothic_type

I kinda understand your freedom of speech concerns. But up on top it says "Antionline" not "Relytonline" or "gothic_typeonline". That tends to make me believe that I am on someone else's communication medium. Basically I don't believe I have a full expectation of freedom of speech if it wanders outside of the owners standards. I do believe the mod's should be able to hide a post though. Sometimes we get carried away in the moment and forget to put the cover page up. Those that want to see can and those that don't, have their choice as well.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Custom User
    That is a fair point, but the thing is that antionline is a service...granted it is a service that we are not paying for, but we have the choice to come here or not. And if our freedom to express ourselves is not honoured to a certain extent at least, no-one is going to come here.

But hey, I'm sure that most of the priviledges that this site gives its users could be taken away and people (perhaps myself included) would stay clinging on till the end. hehe

ac

About enabling mods to hide posts:

I like it I'll look into this.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Banned
    I'm pretty sure I used to be able to edit posts when I first started as a Mod, not sure where that went.

Originally posted here by Ennis
    I'm pretty sure I used to be able to edit posts when I first started as a Mod, not sure where that went.
    Might have something to do with a large planet and the media...

Banned
    Well I can't imagine why they got rid of it, never had any probs with mods editing anything.