Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Tutorials Forum.

so.....can we (in we I mean the royal we.......as in you) do it then? pretty please?

v_Ln

yea can you?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I'll work on it. I have several new suggestions to work on around here next week, so be patient

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

heh np thanks mnstgrl - ur the best as usual

v_Ln

er0k
    sorry for bringing this back up, but this is an area that i am very touchy about. Back in the day, i enjoyed recognition for my work. At first i supported jup med, but when they started taking away things such as o recognition for the countless hours i spent writing tutorials specifically for this site and its members, i started to feel a bit edgy towards them. My view on this, is that its cool if you don't want it adding **** to the main page thats not security related (even though hundreds of posts daily are put in security forums that don't necessarily relate to security but thats inevitable ) but at least put a top 10 other tutorials posted or something. You could also consider alot more than 7 or whatever of my tutorials security related. Knowing your network teaches you how to secure it. I agree that alot of my tuts arent security oriented, but without me have written those tuts there would be 23 less in your database, and thats basically 23 less threads that people would search for help on. I didn't want to make another thread to call alot of attention to this matter, but itd be cool if you could do what i asked. Ive been a good boy here for over 2 years now, even though the last 6 months or so i've mainly just lurked

See, i dont personally give a damn about security by itself, as im more focused on learning everything there is to know about computers. I came here in June of 2002 after months of search for a good community, and i liked the look of this site (literally the look ) so i kinda crashed landed here. This site gave me the skills necessary to run my own webserver, learn basic programming skills, operate and operate well other operating systems than the one i thought i was stuck with forever. People like Ammo and THEJRC were major influences on me and alot of help so i give credit to them specifically.

Hell maybe even a total tutorials written section.. That'd be kinda cool.

It can't be that hard to implement, probably take 5 minutes. For another, i dont see anything wrong with it, I probably won't be writing any security tuts soon, but i may start writing other tuts if this is implemented. Blah.. just a shot in the dark im afraid.

Note this new option in the Member Functions area: Edit Front Page Display.

If you do not select a customized list of forums for display, or you select none, you'll continue to see the default list which we've always shown on the front page.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Thanks Mnstrgrl! You Rock
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

AO French Antique News Whore
    That simple godlike!
    -Simon \"SDK\"