June 17th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Nokia FW Issues
Anyone seen this?
I have a Nokia IP 350 with Checkpoint FW1 NG
CP is turned off and am running IP forwarding at the router level
While the nokia voyager shows a default gateway correctly entered,
netstat -r n shows no gateway at all.
Destination 0.0.0.0 is blank for gateway....
TCPDUMP shows ings entering the outside interface but since there is no gateway
the pings can't be answered.
NOKIA support is stumped so far...
June 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM
- you entered default gateway at a nokia interface.
- nokia box has Firewall disabled but routing facilities enabled.
- you can ping from nokia box to anywhere.
- you cant ping from inside network to outside network thru nokia box.
if above statements are correct:
- If nokia box is acting as a router, what kind of routing protocol is running there?
- instead assign a default gateway, isnt better (for a router) stablish a static route to default GW?
- When you shutdown FW, the default is: block all packets (is how Checkpoint works). Are you sure that you has disabled that feature?
FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.
June 21st, 2004, 09:30 PM
you're asking IT SUPPORT for help with a Techie question.
You must have the patience of a saint.
55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone
June 21st, 2004, 11:35 PM
Hi, thank you for your responses.
Turned out to be a kernel issue with the Nokia OS.
Coming from a PIX / Netscreen background, the NOKIA/CheckPoint combo was
a little different.
I am very impressed with the Checkpoint "application" layer support.