Thread: Deleting files in use

The Recidivist
    </intermission>

Blame Canada
    South Park Parents

Times have changed,
    Our kids are getting worse
    They won't obey their parents,
    They just want to fart and curse. Should we blame the government, or blame society, or should we blame the images on tv No!
    Blame Canada! Blame Canada

With all their beady little eyes,
    their flapping heads so full of lies
    Blame Canada!
    Blame Canada!
    We need to form a full assault, it's Canada's fault! Don't blame me, for my son Stan, He saw the darn cartoon, and now he's off to
    join the klan!> And my boy eric once, had my picture on his shelf, but now when I see him, he tells me to **** myself>

Well, Blame Canada!

It seems that everything's gone wrong since
    Canada came along
    Blame Canada!
    Blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway. My son could of been a doctor or a lawer, it's a true, Instead he burned up like a piggie on a barbecue> Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire, or the doctor who allowed him to expire. Heck no!
    Blame Canada!
    Blame Canada!
    With all their hockey hubaloo and that bitch Anne Murray too. Blame Canada!
    Shame on Canada!

The smut we must stop
    The trash we must smash
    Laughter and fun
    must all be undone
    We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before someone thinks of blaming us!

<intermisson>

Silly canadians

hjack

Edit: When I noticed the language, i tried editing it and makking it hidden but it did not work.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

AO French Antique News Whore
    I'm from Quebec so I don't mind you blaming Canada as long that you don't blame Quebec!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

well im kinda late but better late then not at all...i was just gonna thank SDK for that small utility, looks great, i tried it out on a school paper rofl, works just fine!

thanks again and remind me for some APs sometime (cant today, iv given out couple of them already)

To the_Jinx: I guess I wasn't so clear abut that...the popup alert was from my internet security software. Navigating to the webpage caused my software to block communications and alert me to the URL-Directory-Traversal attack.

I grabbed Xoftspy spyware remover and sure enough, there were several spythings on my PC, the worst of which was W32/Spybot. It did remove them all but I'm still getting the attack alert when I navigate to the test page. And my virus scans still show that I'm clean.

- NF

Here are a few things to solve your prolem.
    Safe Mode won't always help delete some files, I had one like this the other day.

-Spybot: Search & Destroy has a very nice 'tool' if you turn on the advanced settings/mode. You can add files to be deleted on the next restart. This tool is also very nice to have for registry cleaning, it gets things others wont.

-MS-DOS is something you should be familir with hopefully. Always keep it around, has many uses and sometimes more handy than windows. This will also have more seniority when deleting files from your hard drive.

-In case you don't have spy/adware protection, at least get Ad-Aware SE.

I hope you find some of this usefull, good luck.

Safemode my friend
    The magical way to delete everything unneeded...

Just F8 right after POST

But first scan your computer with either or both Ad-Aware or SpyBot Search & Destroy, THEN go into safemode.
    Viper

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Yo. Dudes. This thread is a bit old and it's likely that he's solved the problem already. I'm gonna close it for now but just a heads up for the future.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage