View Poll Results: How long Ipv4 can last in this fast growing internet?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • barely 5 years

0 0%
  • a decade (10 years)

1 100.00%
  • a score (20 years)

0 0%
  • can`t say

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: top ten...

I vote for having top ten assigners, pos and neg. Maybe a site stats page? With a bunch of weird stats, like most replied to member, and something?

I'm still up in the air about this one. I'll vote on it, later when I've come to a decision. Right now though, I can see all of MsM's points a little better than I can see yours Allen. Yes, I was a victim of an 'alliance', but I'm still not certain that members need the ability to see who is assigning what. You're still going to have to deal with the fact that more than likely, the Top 10 AP assigners are going to be older members, except perhaps for Memory....I haven't assigned anywhere near 10,000 AP's. But logically speaking, it is still going to be the older members who have the most assignments. And you know that no matter what the original intent is (this is not a list you want to be on, neccesarily) some idiot is going to abuse it just to get their name on the main page.

I think overall, it seems like an idea that in an idyllic world would work well, but since we're dealing with the real world, I'm not so sure it's a great plan.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Uhm, MemorY isn't a Top Ten Assigner just to let you know. And it isn't how many point's you've assigned, it's how many assignment's are made (I know, I was confused as well about that). Also, if some idiot want's to get their name on the page that way, then they will be known as someone who abuses the system thus the admins/mods of the site go to work and know what kinda person he/she is (or like al said that he invest's too much in the AP system).
    Space For Rent.. =]

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hmm, i think this is just another village gossip idea

Why would other people wanna share or see who assigned APs... I would say that the users should have a choice to make it visible or not. Not that i have anything to hide... but some people might not like that.
    Just some thoughts

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Not that i have anything to hide...
    Lol, so you're the one neggin' the crap outta roll call, eh?

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Lol, so you're the one neggin' the crap outta roll call, eh?
    Uh oh, got me
    Which on in my l33t AP alliance is the RAT?
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

er0k
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I don't think it's a question of skill but rather time. Reality is that we share mnstrgrl with a couple of other JUPM forums. The coding changes she's put in place for other things have been pretty good and with relatively few problems (she is human however). So it's more patience and being clear as to what it is you want to envision, why and how it will benefit the forums.

If it's a quick fix, it'll probably done relatively quickly (I've seen a few things done within a few hours of mentioning it). Some might require little more detail and might be on a "To Do" list when the next big upgrade is done..
    if its "that" time consuming and demanding why don't jup med just hire an AO specific programmer, as this site is probably only one of the most if not the most popular security forums on the net (although security-forums (sfdc) kinda owns too) )

An AO specific programmer probably wouldn't be justified from a financial point of view. I very much doubt that AO brings in sufficient revenue to pay both the hosting costs and the salary of someone to work full/part time on it.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

er0k
    umm they used to.. JP had a guy hired just for the hardware anyone remember steve? :P

I'm the only person you guys are likely to have to handle your requests. Work on this site doesn't take up enough time to merit a dedicated programmer. There have been weeks when I worked exclusively on this site, and then weeks when I didn't touch it at all. I would be unhappy if I was dedicated to work on this site because I would spend a lot of time very bored.

As to the suggestion presented in this thread: I haven't seen a consensus among you yet about whether or not you want this change. It won't take long to complete if I do it. It just hasn't become clear yet whether it should be done.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.