Class Idea for High School.

Thread: Class Idea for High School.

Class Idea for High School.

My school offers a very limited range of computer classes and this is very dissapointing to me. We had an AP Comp. Science class in the making that a local college was offering but there were only 3 people to sign up for it. I am writing a letter to the school board for my county and I am requesting that they do a small survey on how many people would be interested in learning how to protect their PC's from a malicious attack (anything ranging from malware, to scanning, etc...). I have asked around and many kids at my school seemed interested in taking it. If anybody has any ideas about what might be good to add to the curriculum please post them. Anyfeedback will be great. Thanks.

Banned
    - May, 2004: total economic damage due to malware (worldwide): between US$16.2 billion and $19.8 billion of economic damage worldwide.

- Spyware distributed by the two main vendors has infected over 70 million computers as of now.

- Number of manual and semiautomatic hacking attacks on servers worldwide in May 2004: 18,847 (estimate for the entire year: 220,000).

... that's 220,000 reasons this year to start that class

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_e...irus_cost.html

just igve em google and tell them to do a search how much damage viruses, spyware etc do. And that THEY can be the next victim and maybe already are because it is Spyware !

I actually sat down and had a talk with the admin and he said that on average he spends less time on the network than he does getting rid of spyware and adware. I noticed that in my homec class(comp. class fell throuh ) He spent 3 days cleaning the computers up and when I checked on one a day later with adaware just to see, it was full again. It's an ongoing problem that we really need to address and I think if more students were aware and able to help ease his job it would be great. This even might be some applicable job experience also so that may help with the board . Thanks for the info so far I have printed the posts and am sarting to keep a file to give theto the school board. Cheers!