Thread: New Windows Virtual Server 2005

New Windows Virtual Server 2005

http://www.crn.com/sections/breaking...cleId=21800334

Looks pretty interesting to me... The all wizardbasedness sounds kind of bad IMO, just because I am not a fan of wizards... Thing is it can run legacy applications from all the way back from NT, that sounds like an idea to me... It can create a "virtual server" of an NT server and run it as an NT server... This should also be good for security testing...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I have been beta testing this product since it first started, and here is what microsoft says about the improvements and such:

New Features - the following new features are included in the RC release of Virtual Server:

Boot from SCSI - With the RC release a virtual machine can be booted from a virtual hard disk attached to any channel on SCSI Adapter 1. The following configuration is required to enable this feature.

Known Issues

If you install the Virtual Machine Additions on a Windows XP guest operating system with an emulated SCSI controller, an unsigned driver warning will appear in the Windows XP guest. This will be fixed in the final version.
    So far, it doesn't seem that there is very many differences from virtual pc 2004 other than the ablilty to do many "server" features
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Yea, but if you are testing how stuff works on a network, I think having the server emulation would be pretty handy...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.