Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera & those annoying "Save As"

Opera & those annoying "Save As"

Opera & those annoying "Save As" pop ups are driving me nuts. Opera is a slick browser but those constant files that I save have got to be turned off. What is it? Why ? How do I turn it off? Can I turn it off?

Im using the free "Adware" version. 7.51.....the newest version
    A+ Certified

explain what you mean? what pop-ups? when do you get them? is it certain file types or what?

v_Ln

Well aparantly you do not know what I mean. If you have Opera you should. So explaining it to someone who has never seen them is redundant, so heres a shot, everytime I visit a website it ask me to save a file so it can be dl to my drive. If I click cancel the site will not open. File types would be DAT dll etc.
    A+ Certified

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I've been using Opera since version 4 and have had licensed copies since version 5. Unless I'm downloading a file like a .gz, .zip, .tgz, .tar, or a .exe, I've never had the "popup" you're talking about. That sounds more like a file association issue but I'm not sure...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

When I go to a website I don't get that popup, might want to try re-installing Opera.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Well aparantly you do not know what I mean. If you have Opera you should. So explaining it to someone who has never seen them is redundant, so heres a shot, everytime I visit a website it ask me to save a file so it can be dl to my drive. If I click cancel the site will not open. File types would be DAT dll etc.
    ummm actually at present on my PC I run IE, Opera, Slim, Crazy, Netscape & Firefox. I do alot of webdesign and have to test cross browser compatability

but the one i use for my own browsing is....wait for it.....Opera! So yes i do know what I'm talking about - just not what your talking about....and from the other replies neither does anyone else

so stop trying to be a wise-ass (cause your failing miserably) and provide us with more information and then just maybe we might actually help you

idiot

v_Ln

Im using the free "Adware" version. 7.51.....the newest version
    Well first off whenever you run an adware version of anything you are asking for a world of pain (unless you know how to effectively purge all adware added to your machine).

I have run Opera before so don't get all huffy at me like you did towards val (by the way his mokey can be very mean so watchout). It seems as though when you go to a site and it asks you to 'save as' it seems as though you cache is not automatically DL the site like other browsers. I am sure if you just reinstall or look at the options on the browser you can figure it out. Also, GOOGLE!

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Cant seem to uninstall it now. Im going through that one bad thing after another stage.
    Ill try to see if I missed something during installation. I was hoping that someone would say they have been through the exact ame thing and this is what you need to do to fix it.........

Thanx
    A+ Certified

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Can you post a screenshot of trying to go to a page and having that popup?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

it sounds like youre going to a site that wants you to download a program or something, alot of sites make you download "special" freeware to view their webpage. If this problem is specific to a certain webpage, then thats the problem. The file they want you to save is probably a type of spyware, which Im sure you willingly downloaded and installed because judging by the tone you took with a person who was trying to help you, you lack the intelligence to realise a bad or good thing when it appears. Try downloading ad-aware or spybot s& d and give it a run and see the cool things you have saved.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com