Thread: motherboard problem

motherboard problem

I recently built a computer and when i connected the power-switch to the motherboard, my computer still wouldn't turn on... I tried the power supply on another computer, but it worked, so i think the motherboard is fried, but i don't want to buy another board unless i'm sure this one is fried.
    You laugh because im different, i laugh because your all the same.

Old Fart
    A little more detail please....will it POST? If so, will it check the RAM? Give details as to what happens after you hit the power button. Also, the model and manufacturer of m/b might be helpful.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

It does not POST, i can't even get the LED's on the front to come on... No fan's start moving, nothing at all happens...

Why don't you move the mother board from the computer you tested it on to the one you built to check if it's that.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Because the other computer is a pentium 2 and this one is a pentium celeron and the old power supply doesn't have both ATX connectors... my main question is what else could the problem be besides being a bad motherboard?

give us more information on the specs of this computer

EDIT: Did you check if the CPU, RAM etc is seated correctly?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

GeForce Fx 5200 grahpics card, 450 watt power supply, SYNTAX Pentium celeron Motherboard, 512 ddr ram

Old Fart
    OK...no POST...p/s works in a different box...COULD be a grounding issue, which might be solved by using the spacers that most m/b manufacturers supply to insulate the m/b from the case. IF the m/b is fried, I would hope that the retailer would replace it if it was purchased recently.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

which brings us to our next question, is it a new m/b?

EDIT: Better question: Are all the parts new?

ya everything is new... i have a warranty, so i'll just send it back

thanx