Thread: Executing external programs x86 assembly/Windows?

Executing external programs x86 assembly/Windows?

How would I execute an external program in assembly? I suppose I'd have to call Winexec() or something. How would I do that? Does it involve 32-bit assembly? Can you execute external programs with 16-bit assembly?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

If you have Windows XP you should be able to do a compatibility mode, and it should work under Windows 95 mode.

If you have windows 2000, first you have to enable compatibility mode:

Start -> run

regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

You may have to restart, but then you will be able to choose application compatibility modes...

Furthermore for all of them, you may have to create a shortcut to the program and then enable compatibility mode there (because you can't do it straight to the .exe file)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

a compability mode? It's in win98.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Here's how you do it in 16 bit DOS.

http://cs.smith.edu/~thiebaut/ArtOfA...tml#HEADING1-6
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I was waiting for you to answer, thanks.

www.elhalf.com