Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 most respected...

Top 10 most respected...

Well, I was thinking why not make a Top 10 most respected seniors list (not including moderators) and a Top 10 most respected moderators. The top 10 most respected seniors would be moderated by moderators (obviously) but for the most respected moderators it could be a voting place here in the addicts forum were you would decide who are the top 10 (even though I don't think they're so many moderators) most respected moderators where the moderators cannot vote. This would be a great way to allow users to participate in what goes on here at AO...Just a thought..?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ummm... didn't we do this already? (I could have sworn I've read this somewhere else).

We don't have 10 moderators so it'd be a small list unless you intend to include the admins like intmon, mnstrgrl and others. Even still it'd be small.

Now a question on "most respected members": how does the system seperate popularity contest versus respected? If every member is allowed one vote, how do we know that these aren't multiple members hiding behind proxies voting multiple times for popularity sakes or to sway a vote?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO French Antique News Whore
    Totally agree with MsMittens here. Disagree with the idea.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

MsMittens you did read this somewhere else, in the Addicts section.
    The top 10 most respected seniors would be moderated by moderators (obviously)
    meaning that we (the users) have no control on who goes on that list but the moderators do.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

But that means we make the decision?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Correct.

Hrmm... A couple of thoughts from a personal view:

• 1. This puts an amazing amount of pressure on mods. This means we have to make the decision as to who is respected by the community and who isn't. More "suck-up-age" will occur as people vie for "favouritism" of mods.

2. Mods are human. Who I respect might be entirely different from Neg as will our reasonings. He does spend far more time in Cosmos than I do and those views will respresent different people.

3. Doesn't truly reflect the community and who it respects. And really, shouldn't that be who should make this decision? The mods do not make the community. We just work for it (and JUPM).

Anyways, this is my view on it. Take it as you will.

Well, I don't need a list on 'AO' to tell me I have the love and respect of the only person who matters. I just need to look into the beady little eyes of my dog, and know I have her complete love and devotion (respect also).
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Don't see the point in this being implemented (No offence to you Raion).
    But what purpose would this proove.
    Plus it would turn this site more into a Popularity contest. And you'd fine that members on this list would just get a ego from it, and they will trollip around the boards thinking there higher then everyone else because there on this list..
    just my 2 cents

f2b:.

Idea sucks, enough said ! Wouldn't this split up seniors into "groups", respect everybody on the site and live with it.

Plus it would turn this site more into a Popularity contest
    excatly my point, just like the King and Queen of AO threads...