Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 most respected...

I respect everyone. 'Nuff said on that. I learn from everyone and (hopefully) they learn from me. No point in having a top 10 respected list as it'll cause problem's and is just overall a bad idea (I say overall a bad idea because there are so many reasons why, and I'm too lazy to get into it ). Sorry Raion, but I'm against it and I'd be saddened at AO if it were implemented.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Whilst I appreciate the reasoning behind the idea, I can't see it ever working. Either you turn it into one big popularity contest between members or you put the mods into a very difficult position of having to chose the top ten most respected seniors.

Besides, who said you had to be a senior to be respected? There are plenty of people with less than 500 posts who have the respect of the community, and quite a few seniors who aren't really "respected".
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Well to put the other side in, I like the idea perhaps not mods top 10 list since I'm highly likely to come last in every one being as there is like 4 mods or whatever.

The Top 10 members might be just what we need to get members, perhaps we can base it on an amalgamation of Security and Other tutorials posted, posts in security forums and AP's? Perhaps but it seems like people dont want it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    The Top 10 members might be just what we need to get members, perhaps we can base it on an amalgamation of Security and Other tutorials posted, posts in security forums and AP's? Perhaps but it seems like people dont want it
    Too complicated in my view for nothing.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Maybe there could be a list "top 10 security posters" where only posts in security forums count. Just a thought.

mjk's idea is a little more realistic and has a better chance of being implemented (IMO) as well as suceeding.

and quite a few seniors who aren't really "respected".
    Myself being one of them
    Space For Rent.. =]