getting started
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting started

getting started

anyone know any good c/c++ interpreters/compilers that can fit on a floppy? i want to start programming but i can't find a good one...

As far as compilers, I learned on Borlan, but as far as something that could fit on a floppy, I have no clue...Why the need for a floppy?

I don't think there's a compiler small enough to fit on a floppy... But look at this site which has a list of free compilers.

mjk

Stuey,

Well there might be a mismatch in your intentions versus possibilities. C/C++ uses a significant number of header files, preprocessor directives, library functions, etc., etc., etc. Not counting the other requirements for the complier to function properly. It is possible to have some of them stored on a HDD and call the files/functions from other specific locations, but you would already need to have a compiler that you could strip down and disk space available to establish those libraries and files. It would be like changing a one-piece bathing suit into a thong and hope that it holds everything in!

The new Key Chain Storage devices might be right up your alley though. Some of them critters have quite the capacity.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I used Dev from Bloodshed back when I was into C++ programming. Worked pretty well for me, for more information and a download page go to http://bloodshed.net
    Space For Rent.. =]

it's not that i want to RUN the compiler from the floppy, i just want to transfer it from one comp. to the next and the shitty computer i want to run it on has no access to the net. so even a compiler that will fit its files on multiple disks is adequate...

oh, by the way, thanks to all of you. i'll take a look at all of these suggestions and pick the one that suits my purposes best.

spyder32, do you like tupac or just that quote? i think tupac is cool...
    relyt, i like that comment about a one piece and a thong, that was funny...
    all of you, mjk and angelknight included, thanks for your help.

Can't you go to someone that has a CD burner and download a good compiler and burn in on a CD ? Rather than having a not so good one on floppies. !

heheh.... i'm embarassed today this, but my pc cannot read any cds...i'm going to need to find a new cd drive....so no, i can't burn one. thanks for the suggestion though!