Another beheading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another beheading

Another beheading

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...age/index.html

Just makes me sick!!! I wish the best for Kim Sun-il's family.

Third time and it seems it won't stop.
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Doesn't this whole situation just suck. Everyone thinks they are doing the right thing, nothing gets accomplished and things just dig deeper. Hands for human nature.

woopee

edit now I feel like changing my avatar back. wtf.

Banned
    Is there a solution????? Will there ever be one????? Seems a life is so cheap,
    no matter what the demands of these hostage takers, your government dont
    care a flying toss about you. We say that to negotiate with these terroists, we
    are giving in to them. Forget the value of a humans life, too right it sucks.
    I wonder if things would be different if it was a diplomat or an important VIP, how
    fast would the government act if it was a more precious life?????

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Third time and it seems it won't stop
    How quickly we forget Daniel Pearl.......

In the case of the beheading in Saudi the solution is quite clear. They wanted their buddies released from Saudi prisons. They beheaded a foreigner from a friendly nation when their demands were not acceeded to. The Saudi's should take 5 of the prisoners and bury then to the neck and publicly stone them to death. (This is Saudi Arabia, remember they stoned one of their own princesses to death 20 odd years ago). The point of the burial to the neck? IIRC, men get stoned to death by being buried to the waist. If they can escape before they die they are set free. Women on the other hand are buried to the neck purportedly because their breasts mustn't me exposed. Try escaping when you are buried to the neck! All together now.... "That seems fair....."

In a society where "macho" is very big and insult comes so quickly to the men Al Quaida will not only force the deaths of their "friends" but also the public humiliation of being stoned to death as a woman would be.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by TidaLphasE23
    I wonder if things would be different if it was a diplomat or an important VIP, how
    fast would the government act if it was a more precious life?????
    Now that has a very simple answer -- just remember the embassy in Iran. Then of course they negotiated. Stalled, and then negotiated again. Then really blew it with their combined military force/operation, then negotiated again.
    The only reason it worked out without more deaths, is they got tired of all the stalling and were afraid our new incoming president would nuke their asses.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

The beheadings will continue as long as they have serious shock value. All they want is an emotional outcry. The only interest that the prisoner has for his kinappers is his use as a political tool. It shouldn't be forgotten beheading is still acccepted as an legitamite and honorable form of execution in many middle east countries. They know that by screening it, it will shock the west but look offical to their own culture.
    While it looks good from a political standpoint to send in the army. An army in never very effective against terrorist as you cant fight terrorists in the same way you would another country. Small highly specialized units are much more effective. Al quida and the other organisations are operating way out in the open. They need to be forced back to being an underground movement.
    Tiger shark I may be wrong but I think they would find that hanging is a much more insulting way to be executed as it would put them down with the lowest form of criminal.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

hanging is a much more insulting way to be executed as it would put them down with the lowest form of criminal.
    You might be right.... My point is that they should be killed in the most humiliating way they can be due to the Arab man's view of honor. Killed as a woman or killed as a criminal... whichever suits me fine as long as Al Quaida know they will dishonor 5 of the people they are trying to "help" each time they behead anyone.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    I know , Kill em all let God sort it out, or should i say Alah, as he will be taking over soon enough. Violence wont solve violence, as should be too obvious by now in this conflict
    Now we are talking how best to humiliate these people. Dead is dead, simple. The more we
    degrade their faith, the stronger their cause will become, not only in occupied countries, but
    all over the world where there are muslims.

Dead makes them a Martyr, dishonored makes them dead!

Use thier own beliefs against them.... On that note isn't there something in Islam that says if the eyes are removed directly before or directly after death, (I forget which), that the person will wander forever in limbo, unable to find heaven and the 72 virgins that await them? Let's have the Saudi's do that too while we are at it. Then Al-Quaida are condemning their "friends" to an eternity in limbo too...... Their "friends" won't be so keen on being "rescued" then....

I'm just glad they are keeping to the geneva convention. Lucky these men, who hide in shadows until a victim is found are keeping a vigilant eye on the rules set forth by the convention. Hacking people off the street to death, guilty of working in a foreign land. Beheading is such a nice word, perhaps hacking and knawing is a better term. Why because their breatheren or in prinson held by the ultimate evil on planet earth, the USA. They probably got caught setting an explosive on a mosque full of ordinary people. Who knows, but it seemed only a few weeks ago that the Geneva Convention was singley the most important thing on earth, so I am glad they are keeping their end of humanity and upholding those principles. We must obey the tenents of Islam and give into their wishes.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.