Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy .img file to floppy

Copy .img file to floppy

HI everybody ,
    I am installing Sco Openserver 5.0.5 . I want to install Sco openserver through Floppies.I am having IMATION 1.44 MB floppies. But when i check there capacity in windows it shows 1.38 MB.( Well people I dont have any problem with my computer. Also i have checked these floppies on two other systems) Also the image files which is to be written on the floppies are 1.40 MB each. Is there any tool which can increase my floppy size to 1.40 MB. Or is there any way i can burn these images to a CD. The image files are with extension .IMG. Is there anyone who can help me.

yuvraj

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We are searching and welcoming new programmers to our site. Be an admin or moderator for forums. Visit for more Cyberfox.co.nr PM me if interested.
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Download Nero Burning ROM. Go to File->Burn CD Image, choose the image and click burn

http://www.teamxecuter.com/nero_cd.htm (Link with pictures)

1. Launch Nero.
    2. Choose File, Burn Image and you'll be presented with a dialog box.
    3. Click on the Files of type: dropdown box and select All Files (*.*).
    4. Select the .ISO file you downloaded then press Open.
    5. Next, Nero will show another dialog box of CD burning options. Accept the defaults:
    * Type of Image: Data Mode 1
    * Block size (Bytes): 2048
    * Image header (Bytes): 0
    * Image trailer (Bytes): 0)
    6. Choose OK.
    7. The Write CD dialog box should appear next.
    8. Make sure Write, Finalize CD, and Disc-At-Once are checked, then choose Write.

Tips:

You must use the “Finalize CD” and “Disc-At-Once” option in Nero, or you will get the error: "FATAL ERROR: Installation of side by side assemblies failed" during setup.

You must specify *.* for the file type to see the .ISO file.

Buddy that .img file is for floppy. It can be copied to floppy by command provided with the cd SCO floppycp. I tried Nero 5.5.9.9. But it is no able to detect it. Well i'll try ur site out.
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Or is there any way i can burn these images to a CD.
    I replied to that question, it should be able to detect it since nero will detect every .iso .img or whatever cd image extension. Maybe u need to change the file type in the drop down box when opening the file !

AntiOnline n00b
    But when i check there capacity in windows it shows 1.38 MB
    Don't worry about this ........it's 1.39013671875 megabytes........the computer is just rounding that to 1.38 MB...happens with every Floppy.......... it also shows shows 1,457,664 bytes total capacity the very same display....... isen't it.....

Also the image files which is to be written on the floppies are 1.40 MB each.
    If those Images are supposed to be stored on to a floppys have you actually tried copying them to a floppy........Try it they might just fit in......

and yes there are tools that could increase the size of a Floppy ...there was one i used to use called HDCopy..i will try to see if i can find it...

Or is there any way i can burn these images to a CD. The image files are with extension .IMG. Is there anyone who can help me.
    err what seems to be the problem here.......Is it giving any error ..File trpe not supported ...eror reading file something like that or what

--Good Luck--

how many floppy disks are you planning on using?? You could always try using other media in here, such as USB flash drives, ZIP disks...or you could upload the files online and download them onto the computer, or hook up the computers together in a network and go from there.

NemorY aka MemorY, you didn't ask if he has a CD-RW drive without one the is no possible chance that he can burn this onto a CD-ROM.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

ya swordfish there is error file type not supported

hi yuvraj,
    i have a number of options for you.
    1. Try out what nemory and swordfish said
    2. Check out nero burner site for burning floppy .IMG files
    3. Try out technical support from SCO i.e. www.sco.com

This might solve your problem. I hope so.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Sorry for the Delayed Responce......

So are there Three Files With Each Image with the same name (e.g. image.img, image.ccd, image.sub)..

If yes then what you have is ...CloneCD..... Image file....... these files are completely proprietary to a program called CloneCD........These All three Files Go together to burn a Single Image....

I too had thais problem with some Image File when all the Three are there...because Nero Just Reads the IMG file and ignores the rest..Sometimes Nero Burns them Sometimes It dosen't i am confused too..I don't know about Higher Versons but the one i am using.... Nero will not burn the image properly..... All three of those files go together. CloneCD uses all three to create a 1:1 copy of the original disk. So CloneCD is what you'll need. You can get a Shareware Verson...

Hope this Solves Your Problem........Let us know ....

--Good Luck--