Greetings,

recently i have noticed a large upswing of very negative activity here at AO and can't for the life of me figure out where it is coming from. Just some examples are members arguing with moderators, constant flaming, cold sholders to people with good intentions.... the list goes on.

I know i have not been on AO for very long and this may be a phase that it goes through now and then, however it just doesn't seem neither productive nor like a place that someone would want to join.

My question is W. T. F. (mate ) is going on here, have we all lost our minds or what!?!? I joined AO because it looked like a place where people could share knowledge without worrying about occassionally looking dumb (hence the AP system)... Granted this was my first understanding of the site... Now it is starting to resemble my old highschool with all the clicks and the other crap that has been going on... i have also noticed that more and more threads are going off topic...

Will someone please explain to me what is going on here?? if i am just living in my own fantasy world (which is sometimes the case since for the most part i am socially retarted) please guide me back on track... I have searched AO already and have not found anything obvious, so if this post already exists (and is not like 2 years old) please show me where that is also.

thanks