any ideas

Thread: any ideas

any ideas

hi, kinda new, but i think this subject goes in this forum

i was wondering how to make ( not if we can make ) a prog or something that we can attach to a mail and that tells us xxx has received ur mail xxx has read ur mail .....

i think there are similar things done and being used with greeting cards like 123greetings.com
    ( not marketing them... first name into my head)

so if u can help me figure out the principals, i will be 10xful
    don't tell me to google cuz my screen (monitor) is burned i can hardly see, but keeping the work on

that's it

preffered programming lang : c , vb 6.0

didtheyreadit.com is doing this with HTML mail by placing a tiny redirect into the outgoing mail, they then notify you when a recipients mail hits that redirect. You could try that if you're using html based mail. Otherwise...... /shrug

Banned
    You might want to look into the Disposition-Notification-To header. This is what for example Outlook adds to an email header when you ask for a read receipt. This still requires recipient action, but I don't think you can do it without that (unless the recipient uses html-email and automatically opens his emails?).

Does 123greetings tell you when the recipient receives your mail? Or when he clicks on the link and reads the card?

Originally posted here by Negative
    Does 123greetings tell you when the recipient receives your mail? Or when he clicks on the link and reads the card?
    They notifie you when the recipient clicks on the link to open the card.
    The only way I have heard of that works without the recipients knowledge or permission, is the method thread_killer metioned above, and you have to be using HTML for it to be effective.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Well
    10x for the link
    it is not for free
    and has some problem and does not really work effectively

i did a test, found a problem from the very first step, wich is confirming if a mail is sent

i have 2 mails i send from one to another
    but instead of typing correctly the recipient mail i type it wrong mymail@hot;mail.com
    they told that message has been sent looool
    pretty bad, did not complete the other tests

and plus how to make sure they do not themselves spy on the mails

SO AT THE END THE BOTTOM LINE IS
    i don't trust them, not free, bad service
    so guys, maybe we can make something by ourselves, distribute it for free
    what u think?

and plus how to make sure they do not themselves spy on the mails

SO AT THE END THE BOTTOM LINE IS
    i don't trust them, not free, bad service
    So which part of the code will you be working on?
    I am pleased you trust us..
    And we won't spy on your emails..will we

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Just Another Geek
    You can do this the way spam email tends to do it. By use of a webbug.
    A webbug is a picture or something similar that downloads from a website.
    You'll need to write a small script that will take an ID as an argument and gives the picture in return. This script should be really simple. It just needs to log the date/time and the ID. If you tie that ID to an email address (every email address has it's own ID) then you'll know when somebody has read your email.

The new security features in Outlook can prevent the downloading of external pictures.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

as SirDice noted, if you is able to send HTML to the target, you can just generate unique objects (e.g. .GIF) that is referenced by the e-mail body. When the user open the e-mail, a reference is made to the .GIF (one for each e-mail) and you know that user had opened the letter.
    However, it is not 100% perfect. There is tools to block this kind of trick, considered by some guys an "spyware". Or if the target downloads the e-mails, disconnect from internet an open the e-mail, no notification will be sent back.
    You can be 100% sure that the guy really read the e-mail BUT
    you cannot be 100% sure that the guy didnt read the e-mail.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

10x guy for u help

will post the result

if u got something, u can post it too