Thread: Thread Start can close thread

AO French Antique News Whore

Thread Start can close thread

A suggestion for futur.. Not very usefull but I cost nothing to ask..

Could the thread starter have the power to close is own thread.

Example : I start a thread today (See here) and I got the answer I want. Now, I'm worried that the thread continue for nothing since I had a good answer to my question. It would be good to be able to close it.

I have no idea about the hack in the code.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    I agree that this is a good idea. It could avoid potential flame wars: Someone posts a thread on a topic which someone else already has. They can then delete the thread instead having everyone yell at them.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

It also means someone can post crap without being able to be negged (directly), you can always neg him in another post. Maybe a good idea though.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

It could be a bit Risky though..someone posting crap posts as el-half said ..and getting away mabe....Some troll might Post Random Crap and get away and we will have to wait for some Mod to get online to Ban the troll .......it might beat the Concept of Self Moderation.......

Something like when the Thread Starter closes it no body else can post into it but the AP system stays put......something like that........

a very good suggestion...........though a bit more thought can be put into it and refine it a bit more ........Straight away giving the Thread starter to close the thread might be a bit too much..........

--Good Luck--

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    I guess my perception was a little skewed...

I read "close" but I comprehended "delete..."
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

If you asked a question and got a decent answer, why would you want to delete it so others can't learn from it as well? That's why the forums aren't wiped--the info you get in reply can always save someone else the trouble of asking it again!

AO French Antique News Whore
    el-half is right. This could backfire bad! Forget it!

Intmon, thread derail alot.
    -Simon \"SDK\"