Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again, presumtious ppl

The Recidivist

Once again, presumtious ppl

Okay I have a freaking bone to pick once again about the subject of completely assuming intentions when there was no basis of the assumption.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259171

This is the thread in question. Now lets have a look @ it.....

In his post, sunnyboy83 ask a question about something he read and couldn't quite understand how it worked or even how. Now I agree that things like this can be googled and this is "understood" as a forum in which basic computer/network/security knowledge is required by the people who post here for feedback. But several of you assumed that he was trying to do something he was not.

And the purpose of your question is?
    This was posted by Und3rtak3r and was a very fitting question for the thread. He asked why the information was needed. And why, because this guy cleary did not reveal his purpose ONE WAY OR THE OTHER .

And sunnyboy83 reply?
    Purpose??Im just learning new things.
    I belive that is the purpose of this site is to gain and share knowledge.

Or, wait. This is a popularity contest for some......sorry. I forgot.

Bad correlation, but Its one thing to learn...and its one thing to learn how to do malicious things. Tell u what, start learning about security, not how to crack, and you'll be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Ok, once you got the individual's IP then what? You're going to ask us how you can install a backdoor on his computer?

Cyb1d here asked the reaon why but, come the **** on man, kinda rude don't you think. And once again there is the assumption that this is cracking. And while the tut or whatever he got the info from was cleary intending to lead into malicious means, I am betting by the grammer and spelling on sunnyboy83's post that he is kinda young.

I don't know about all of you but I didn't have the ****ing money to spend on certs at that age. I got whatever information I could from anywhere and the hell with sources.

No.. but you have answered my question..
    see I asked what your purpose was ..that is where you wanted to go with the information.. this then helps with the reply..
    Your answer Implies S.E..

Did u read something I didn't cyb1d? Do seniors get the site-benfiet of auto-skiddie-post-detector?

Purpose??Im just learning new things.
    Because I don't care how the **** you interpet that, that does not divulge anything than a desire to understand. And you reply will be, " Well he didn't give a reason why, just a basic answer that implies nothing"

So you never learned anything in your life that you just was curious about? Everything you learned you had a specific reason for right then?

This **** is just ****ing sad.......
    Grow the **** up.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

what are you...his personal bitch? My presumtions come from experience...I dont pull them out of my ass.

He's asking how come he is not able to get the IP address...through an IM program.....lets say AIM or MSN....

Anyways, I do not see how his request aimed at anything productive, or non-malicious for that matter.

After my "presumtions" I did tell him what he's supposed to do to get the IP, and gave him a fit advice...up to him to take it or not.

Cheers.

BTW, when I said bad correlation, i was refering to my statement right above that paragraph, about learning the difference in size of the wound.

Did u read something I didn't cyb1d? Do seniors get the site-benfiet of auto-skiddie-post-detector?
    Yes, its called "AFTER SPENDING ENOUGHT TIME HERE YOU CAN SMELL BULLSHIT FROM 100 FEET AWAY MUCH EASIER"

The Recidivist
    Okay, explain what the **** it is aimed @ then. While he does mention aim, why couldn't he use this for something else?

Example, you notice something funny on your box. You netstat. Wait what is this foreign connection? Further invesigating, its a backdoor. Removed. While he does not say that he wants to use for this reason, the info gathered from a answer to his question could lead to other information that could be useful.

You expierence does not justify you assumption. with no FREAKING BASIS, that he is a skiddie.

Also, the typical response on here is freaking lame to skiddies. Wouldn't it make more sense to take the time to re-direct his intentions to something for construtive. The skiddie you flame today, could be the one to root you tomorrow. Why not re-direct his energies?

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Okay, explain what the **** it is aimed @ then
    Relax, its not good for your blood pressure.

Example, you notice something funny on your box. You netstat. Wait what is this foreign connection? Further invesigating, its a backdoor. Removed. While he does not say that he wants to use for this reason, the info gathered from a answer to his question could lead to other information that could be useful.
    Fair enough, but I didn't see any sign of that in his post. The only flag I got was "I want to find my buddy's IP address through AIM".

Yes I was an ass...i admit to that, although not an excuse, i'm having a very shitty day.

Also, the typical response on here is freaking lame to skiddies. Wouldn't it make more sense to take the time to re-direct his intentions to something for construtive. The skiddie you flame today, could be the one to root you tomorrow. Why not re-direct his energies?

and that is exactly what I did by:
    Tell u what, start learning about security, not how to crack, and you'll be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Once again I assumed he was going to use it for cracking....and I was hoping he'd change his ways if he listened to my advice. I started out the same way...then I found AO, but i'm not gonna get into a cheesy "AWAKENING".

Cheers

Ninja Code Monkey
    Cybrid > your posts this morning have been a bit over the top. As I stated in the ap's i sent your way, there are ways of saying 'no i won't help you' without sounding like a complete jackass.

<Negative>You may also want to read the AUP</Negative>
    "You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harrass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content."

Und3ertak3r handled the question well. We'd all be better off if we tried to follow his example.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

The Recidivist
    I should have hidden my second post, I will go back and change that.

As for the neg ap's I really think that was un-called for (not for me but cybr1d). This was a discussion. No need to get "Popularity Points" involved.

And that was all I was asking is that we all take the time to either,1. Make sure of intentions, 2. Re-direct them, if the intentions are skiddie in nature, to something else. 3. If you have to be rude, just don't post.

And I know that I should follow my last advice a little better.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

As for the neg ap's I really think that was un-called for (not for me but cybr1d). This was a discussion. No need to get "Popularity Points" involved.
    Its all good, I earned the negs...I dont mind

You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content."
    Although that rule is there, very few members obey it. Let me rephrase myself, very few of the younger members obey it. Just an observation

Und3ertak3r handled the question well. We'd all be better off if we tried to follow his example
    He did, Kudos to him.

Yes, its called "AFTER SPENDING ENOUGHT TIME HERE YOU CAN SMELL BULLSHIT FROM 100 FEET AWAY MUCH EASIER"
    Heh, gotta agree here. This is true, although sometimes instinct get's the better of people (as it did).

Let me rephrase myself, very few of the younger members obey it. Just an observation
    That is not true. I know quite a bit of senior's/addict's (as well as myself) that sometime's let those swear word's slip. I apologize in advance if I do, but it's a habit (and a bad one at that).
    Space For Rent.. =]

That is not true. I know quite a bit of senior's/addict's (as well as myself) that sometime's let those swear word's slip. I apologize in advance if I do, but it's a habit (and a bad one at that).
    LOL yes it is true ....your statement is true as well. I am simply implying that we younger members are more prone to swear.

I am simply implying that we younger members are more prone to swear.
    Ahh, I misinterpreted you. I thought by younger you meant Newbie's/Junior member's, not age. And us "middle-aged" people swear sometime's too, so bah!
    Space For Rent.. =]