June 27th, 2004, 10:20 PM
explorer won't let me open up links. if im surfing around or anything 90% of the time if i click on a link nothing happens, it doesnt load or anything, only a few links open. how do i fix this?
June 27th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Did you try rebooting? Never assume something is wrong until you've rebooted.
not found" errors or is nothing happening at all?
I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.
June 28th, 2004, 01:54 AM
i've rebooted. nothing happens at all.
June 28th, 2004, 09:53 AM
emmm can you also check .......when this happens ..the Copy /Paste thing is also not working.......i.e try Coping anything and then paste it anywhere....see if it is working.......i have seen a similar problem ...when there is svchost error and some links stops to open and the Copy/ Paste also dosen't work....
What OS are you Using........
June 28th, 2004, 05:56 PM
i have xp home, and the copy/paste works fine. theres not always a link to copy/paste though, sometimes its just like a title of a page so i cant do it that way
June 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
1. Make sure you have all updates for XP
2. make sure that you are running the latest IE (6.0SP1?)
3. What are your IE security settings for XP & IE?
4. Can you provide an example of a site/link that does not work?
5. Can you provide an example of one that does?
6. Try downloading Mozilla or Opera, and see if you get the same problem
It could be lots of things, please let me know how you get on with those few