Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sygate Problems

Question Sygate Problems

Finally following the advice of my AO collegues, I ditched ZA and switched over to Sygate, but the darn thing's driving me crazy. I have all my settings configured, but it won't let me post to any websites. I can't get into my Hotmail inbox, and I can't even post to AO without first shutting down the firewall completely. Otherwise, I can surf just fine. What's up with that? I can't find any settings to adjust to fix it.

Sounds like a scripting problem... Check out what it is doing to scripts, or add AO to your trusted zone.

G'day AngelicKnight, I have been running sygate for a while, and can only think
    to ask, have you got checked Normal on the security tab? On the running applications
    right click to select ask. I have all mine set to ask and have no problem at all. Have you
    blocked any applications and checked the Use this action all the time thingy ? Sorry if
    this isn't much help....TidaL.....

..That's why yah shoulda listened when I said OutPost...
    Space For Rent.. =]

Maybe this site
    will help with your problem..

Well, settings were set to normal, and I looked config settings up and down, so...switched to Kerio, and so far so good. I think I like it a lot better, it has a lot more configuration power, more options.

I had this problem when I first installed XP and then decided to switch to Sygate, I just reinstalled the system, but ZA gives it's advice here.... http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...Uninstall.html
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Open up Sygate. Go to "Tools" then select "Options". From there... go to "Security". Uncheck 'Enable stealth mode browsing' and uncheck 'Enable driver level protection' if you have those checked. See if that doesn't make a difference. I know when I set it up on XP Pro I had to disable both of those or I wasn't allowed to surf through my browser at all.

He already switched, guys

Never hurts to provide the answer anyway... it's annoying to work your way through a thread and then not get the info you wanted
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.