Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: suse is crap on finding cdrom

Not a SUSE programmer, but I try to think about it from their point of view. (And if I was I would have to get Gore hired or he would hunt me down j/k)

Glad you could see things in a different way. There are not too many people who can really do that.

And look! We have an OS thread that we have not enacted the wrath of pooh sun tzu. j/k pooh sun tzu. Of course we didnt say Windows XP suck0rs though...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Gore,

I didn't ask you to write your story on AO neither on your personal life. Question is as simple as anyone can understand. 'Copy' is that what annoyed you.

Ihave copied version of

win 2k pro/server/advance sever/data centre sever and almost all the copy of the windows OS backwards. I do not need to call micro$oft for the tech support. If things goes wrong other tec-forum answer me like they knows better than microsoft. I am MCP?MCSE. I easily do uninstall and reinstall if any of the windows component goes wrong. Or I find my way around.

It's about Linux now, I am reading books (First time I bought at £35) It gives better answer though your tutorial are best as they can be. I appreceate them and thanks for all your effort,specially a beginner like me they really inspire and feel like leke 'let's go linux'.

I am sure I will find easily and The windows partition filles can easily accessed by SuSE.Which I am doing now. I am listening all the music and videos on suse by the mounted windows directory. I got the answer of the given error on linuxquestions.org

You may think you are genius. May be you are but you may not go any further by your personality you show. You want to give the example of your life when I asked you about the CDROM error. I was assuimg you know the answer,Since the great tutorial you had. Anyone can assume you that you can easily give the solution.

For paying, By all your say 'It seems like you like to be get paid' even on the forum. You should have the clear perception what forums are for, If you don't know something just sau 'no'.

Not your story. I have seen you are great.

Thanks

And look! We have an OS thread that we have not enacted the wrath of pooh sun tzu. j/k pooh sun tzu. Of course we didnt say Windows XP suck0rs though...
    lol, no worries. Hey now, don't take me as a Windows zealot. Linux is my primary OS (slackware). I only pull out the firewarms and go to war whenever -any- OS is bashed. I'm a zealot of "Any OS can be as good as the next, as long as the admin is willing to try and learn"

Bang Bang.

[ i have copied] win 2k pro/server/advance sever/data centre sever and almost all the copy of the windows OS backwards
    Let me just find that MS abuse email I have in my contacts list, one moment.

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    lol, no worries. Hey now, don't take me as a Windows zealot. Linux is my primary OS (slackware). I only pull out the firewarms and go to war whenever -any- OS is bashed. I'm a zealot of "Any OS can be as good as the next, as long as the admin is willing to try and learn"

Bang Bang.
    I know your not a windows or linux zealot. Your probably one of the only people at AO who is really fair to all OS's. I was just reminded of your battles with the Linux is l33t and so much better than Windoze people by this thread.

Let me just find that MS abuse email I have in my contacts list, one moment.
    cough, cough... piracy@microsoft.com? The one where they try to get you to turn in your company if you are fired...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The one where they try to get you to turn in your company if you are fired...
    lol, that made my day

lol, that made my day
    This one always gets me though....

From http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/qa.asp

I want to report someone for piracy, but I don't want them to know it was me. Do I have to give you my name?

No. However, this information helps us to follow up more aggressively by lending credibility and reliability to the report. You can trust that Microsoft will not disclose your identity except in rare cases that may be required in a legal process.
    Yes, you can trust Microsoft to keep your name private.

Yes, you can trust Microsoft to keep your name private.
    Well I can understand the rare case they have mentioned. When it makes it to court you can't have a john-doe being on the prosecuiting side, nor a john-doe witness. They would have to give your name and bare you as a witness so there is evidence (testimony) other than a "he said! she said!" attempt. So, I think I could hold them to their word. They would keep my name private until the legal system required it or credibility was required to further their case. I don't see them even giving to the company when the company asks "who turned us in?", because that isn't part of the legal process.

That's just me though. Who knows?

Well I can understand the rare case they have mentioned. When it makes it to court you can't have a john-doe being on the prosecuiting side, nor a john-doe witness. They would have to give your name and bare you as a witness so there is evidence (testimony) other than a "he said! she said!" attempt. So, I think I could hold them to their word. They would keep my name private until the legal system required it or credibility was required to further their case. I don't see them even giving to the company when the company asks "who turned us in?", because that isn't part of the legal process.

That's just me though. Who knows?
    I have thought about turning in a company that I have worked for....

Most likely MS would try to settle out of court and get as much of the license fees as possible. (They want you to upgrade to their newer servers anyway)

Edit: Anyway, the reason I didnt was because they are not specific about if anything happens to the person who reports the piracy. Because couldnt you be somewhat responsible for piracy if you are the net admin and management tells you to use the same copy of software on many machines? You installed the software. I just dont want the MCP taken away. I know its a stupid card, but it would be pretty lame if MS took it away.

Hmmm, I can say that every OS sitting here in my room (About 70 of them) are all paid for copies, or free versions. I've only had a computer for 4 years, and even the copy of PC-DOS 6.3 I have is a legit actual bought copy. The copy of Windows 3.X I had was too. I have 2 fully paid for versions of Free BSD including the power pack, and I have a legit copy of Solaris UNIX. BeOS Pro 5.0, totally legit copy, Windows 1.0, 95, 98, 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP SP1, and Server 2003 Enterprise Edition...All of those are fully legit bought copies.

The NT I had here was legit too but I gave it away. And every drop of software here is legit too. All $30,000.00 worth. Heh, Yea I'm a bit proud of that considering I worked in fast food when I bought half of it. I only have one copy of windows 2000, and I don't even use it on more than one machine here.

I used to not care about that like you don't, and didn't care if someone copied stuff like that, and last semester a teacher of mine taught me a lot about not only writing technical tutorials, which is why mine have gotten better, but also the importance of NOT stealing software.

The RIAA can **** itself, but I still own a CD for every MP3 here. The msuic I have in MP3s here is downloaded, but I have the CDs for each one, except for a few that got stolen. And the other MP3s I have, well, find a Punk band that really cares I downloaded a song, and I'll delete it. The bands I like wouldn't give a **** I downloaded a song, and I've told some fo them. But I do have a **** load of CDs I spent 3 days ripping to my HD.

And I just woke up so I'm still half asleep, but you copied Windows server OSs? Dude, you came to a board where law enforecemnt run around and you admit to copying software that costs thousands fo dollars? I said I MYSELF would not tell on you, but damn, someone may.

Damn.... Dude, Pooh is a tester for Microsoft, you may want to watch what you say about stealing software. I'm not a programmer for SUSE, but I AM the more elistist bastard you'll meet here for them. Zelot may be a better word, Slackware and SUSE Zealot, yea that sounds good. Anyway, I don't work for either of them, but I have tested for them and for Free BSD. I don't code but I still like to give back to the open suorce community, which usually is by me buying things like Linux and BSD, and buying books who give a percent of the cost to open source projects.

I'm an OS dude, so testing is my way of helping.

Blah, it's almost 5:30 PM and I'm still waking up, I'll be back later.

And for the record, I am a genius according to my IQ test

I'm not a programmer for SUSE, but I AM the more elistist bastard you'll meet here for them.
    Ain't that the truth!

Slackware and SUSE Zealot
    Shoulda made that your custom title! Anyway's, yeh at AO there are law enforcement agent's, people who work with/for Microsoft or any software vendor for that matter and it isn't smart to blab about stolen software. Like gore said, pooh's a tester for Microsoft so you should use your word's more wisely.

Then again, we all know pooh's a nice guy, isn't he?
    Space For Rent.. =]